In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

EL TIGRE MODEL 1892 S.R.C.

jpcjpc Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
Hello

I am in need of a rear sight for my El Tigre.

Will put out an ad looking for one.

Did the Spanish use this sight on any other models they made???  Just want to expand my search.

thank you

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    That's going to be a hard one to find. Only gun the Spanish used that on, and was fabricated from Model 1893 Mauser rear sights.
  • jpcjpc Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it may be a challenge to locate one ☺☺☺
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

You might use the ladder sight from a destroyer carbine - not a perfect match but Spanish design and on the gun that replaced the tiger lever guns...

Much easier to locate - that's the direction I would go in for now if and until you find the exact one - which might prove to be unobtanium...

Mike

Interesting lead and thank you ☺
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Possibly the mexican model 1910 and chilean 1895 mauser are identical ladder sights - I know they are interchangeable as far as "fit" goes...

Here are a series of pictures that much prove invaluable for anyone exploring this subject..

Perhaps a forward of the receiver mounted long eye relief scout scope set up - or a red dot / holy sight optic package - or a traditional scope arraignment as pictured above might be worth exploring or fun from a recreational range day usage perspective...

Hope these help in some regard - can you tell us a little of the back story and your plans as far as the carbine goes???

Mike

Great pictures and thanks for the information and ideas.

This one arrived about a year ago.  Took her in on a partial trade.  She came wearing a Winchester three leaf sight that looks good, but I will pursue an original.