In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GSAD AK-47

RomeoXrayRomeoXray Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone ,  I am the newest guy on the forum at the time of this question.  I have  just acquired  a GSAD AK.     It was originally purchased in the early 80's and has a serial under 1200.  I was told it was in a movie.  It has original box, 3 magazines (2 Sealed in plastic), oil can.  It has never been shot.  I bought it for a shooter, But I have mixed feelings on this.   I Have several questions If someone can help out.  Who was the manufacturer?  and the big one is what is the value?  If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank you 
Romeo X-Ray

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

That is a pre ban 56S AK and NO I would not shoot it. In today’s high market thinking retail in the 2000- 2500 range give or take. Very nice piece

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    Golden State Arms Distributors, Manhattan Beach CA. Early importer, of semi-auto Chinese AK's. 
    i bought a similar AK, only with red plastic furniture, in Sept. 1986. Cardboard box, styrofoam liner same same. I got it for $225, because the seller, scabbed the extra magazines and bayonet.  
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an AK I just listed to give you an idea of how they are doing right now. Good luck.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=562745
  • ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Well I guess enough time has passed to tell the real story on the so called "movie guns".  We wanted to lower the price on AKs but didn't want to offend old customers.  Bill Rainy, the advertising guru came up with the idea.  He made up the movie and said some guns were slightly used, figuring that no one was going to complain if their gun was brand new.  While we had been selling mainly Norinco guns these were bought from another company at a much cheaper price.  Also they were sold via Golden State Arms which also put people off from the source.  While there is much more behind this offering, this is the basic facts.  
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    amparts said:
    Well I guess enough time has passed to tell the real story on the so called "movie guns".  We wanted to lower the price on AKs but didn't want to offend old customers.  Bill Rainy, the advertising guru came up with the idea.  He made up the movie and said some guns were slightly used, figuring that no one was going to complain if their gun was brand new.  While we had been selling mainly Norinco guns these were bought from another company at a much cheaper price.  Also they were sold via Golden State Arms which also put people off from the source.  While there is much more behind this offering, this is the basic facts.  
    I remember the first semi-auto commercial AK's, I saw for sale. Were Egyptian Maadi's. Some Iranian guys had just imported them, and were trying to get $1000+ for them. Few takers at that price point though. This was circa 1984/85?

When they started to be imported, from China by the container load. The bottom dropped out, price wise. All the wise guys, who payed big bucks for the containers full of AK's, wound up taking a bath. They were cutting each others throats, trying to move them. That's how I was able to score one, NIB for $225.