In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Smith-Corona 03A3 Stock markings

ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
Other than the circle "P" what other markings are on the Smith 03A3 stock.  Can't seem to find any info on this.

Comments

• Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    I put the title of this thread in a www.dogpile.com search and got back 4 articles on the subject in the first 5 results. Not sure if the results will link:  click here, maybe?

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    It depends; there are a lot of possibilities.  Are you looking to buy a book on the subject, or are you just trying to identify the stock that you have?
    Neal
    EDIT:  I would expect the stock to have a boxed FJA & ordnance wheel on the left side, & K or S in the magazine cutoff notch.   And, inspector stamps on the bottom of the stock just forward of the trigger group.
  • ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Yes , wanting to know what factory markings they would have.  As stated all I can find on the web is that they will have the "circle P" on the wrist but can't find anything other than that as to factory markings?
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    Per THE MODEL 1903 SPRINGFIELD RIFLE;  They will usually be stamped "E" on the tip of the forend, will usually have one or two "E's" stamped in the barrel channel, workmanship is rougher than Remington 1903A3 stocks with machining and rasp marks visible on stocks that have not been refinished.  The first six to seven months of 1903A3 by Remington and Smith Corona will have stock pins instead of stock screws.