In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger american 6.5 creedmore question???

JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
 I am in possession of a Ruger american, in  6.5 creedmore .. Upon inspecting the magazine, it is marked 308... Is that a problem???.. Will a 308 chamber in the 6.5???.
TIA..
JIM......

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    The 6.5 takes the same magazine as the 308, 243 and 7/08. Not positive on the chambering but it seems to me that it would be kind of hard to get a 30 cal neck into a 26 cal chamber. Bob
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    The 308 won't chamber in the rifle (a true expert can confirm that soon enough), but the magazine can accept multiple calibers.
    My TC compass came with a mag that shows it's compatible with 308, 243, 7mm-08, and 6.5CM. Probably the same with Ruger and others.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    The 308 won't chamber in the rifle (a true expert can confirm that soon enough), but the magazine can accept multiple calibers.
    My TC compass came with a mag that shows it's compatible with 308, 243, 7mm-08, and 6.5CM. Probably the same with Ruger and others.

Exactly correct.

We have read where exceptions have occurred but with catastrophic outcomes!

Cartridges from similar families of cases will work quite well in magazine designed for those families. Even the 6.5 Creedmoor, which is derived from the .30 T/C case, works in a .308 Win. magazine as it is closely related to the .308 family of cases.

Best.