In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cops Raid Mansion Of St. Louis Couple Who Defended Home From Protesters, Confiscate AR-15

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Here's the first of many more times this is going to happen In America.
                                            serf
       ST. Louis authorities confiscated an AR-15 used by Mark McCloskey, who made headlines with his wife Patricia last month when they defended their historic mansion from protesters who had broken down a gate to trespass on their private road.

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/mccloskeys-charged-with-felonies-for-waving-guns-during-protests/article_73bfcc8c-6828-5b77-8a58-37cd10d97f4c.html

Mark and Patricia McCloskey each face a single felony count of unlawful use of a weapon — exhibiting. Charging documents say he pointed an AR-15 rifle at protesters and she wielded a semiautomatic handgun, placing protesters in fear of injury.

Charging documents say investigators conducted “numerous” witness interviews and relied on video footage and the McCloskeys’ own statements about the June 28 incident.

In a statement, St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner said, “It is illegal to wave weapons in a threatening manner at those participating in nonviolent protest, and while we are fortunate this situation did not escalate into deadly force, this type of conduct is unacceptable in St. Louis.”

Non violent protesters do not break down barriers to gain access to private property.

Little Kimberly is apparently a leftist stooge.  To be clear, she has stated that breaking down fencing to invade private property is acceptable in St. Louis, and stopping further damage is unacceptable.  

Idiot.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree A Class E conviction will strip them of their second amendment. It's not right.The lesson learn is do not point weapons at trespassers. You fall right into their trap when being scared. Now if they have a weapon in their hands then I think having one in your hand at this point is wise also. No pointing unless he/she goes for it and begins to point one at you first.
                                                                 serf

I agree entirely Don. My very first thoughts were:

Non-Violent Protesters do not tear down a gate at a Private residence and rush the house.

Jury Nullification. No way would I convict.

• BloodhuskBloodhusk Member Posts: 6
    I know the last post was July 23rd, but the thread really should be updated with the outcome. The Governor and AG of Missouri are having the charges dropped against the couple, brought on by St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner. It appears they won't face any charges.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    That is good news.
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    Any mention on the St. Louis Circuit Attorney facing charges? 
    edited August 2020

Thanks Bloodhusk. That is pretty much how I saw this playing out. St Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner should be dismissed.

Does that mean they are going to get their "confiscated," weapons returned? I would hope so.

As an aside another lesson to be learned here, is to have access to other weapons not with your main body, and at another undisclosed location. If I were inclined to do such a thing.