In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

winchester model 57 lever action 218 bee

furciousfurcious Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me about this gun I can't find it any where on the web or any books I know a 57 is a bolt action rim fire But it says Winchester model 57 218 Bee on the barrel. Receiver looks like a 92 winchester which was in 218 bee could someone switch barrels or something if you know anything please answer me 

Comments

• furciousfurcious Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    serial number is 5927
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    Kind of confusing? The original Winchester lever action in 218 Bee, was the Model 65. Dating to the late 30's. Might have been, either a one of a kind factory mix up? Or some shade tree gun smith. Rebarreled a 32-20 Model 92. With rechambered, Model 57 barrel. To make himself a Model 65. 

As the Bee is a necked down 32-20. The innards of a 32-20 Model 92, wouldn't have required much reworking. 
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    Your rifle is/was a Model 1892, and was made in 1892. I agree with Rufe, someone used a 57 barrel to re-chamber to .218, and stuck it on a 92 receiver.