In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scope 6.5x20

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
Looking for a good rifle scope. variable up to 18 or 20x. AO, and  just duplex cross hairs,with windage and elevatioon.  Any input welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Budget? For a mid to low budget the the Vortex Viper is hard to beat. They make both a 44 or 50mm in 6.5x20. Bob
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    I see used Leupold VX III scopes in the type you want here on GB for as low as $700.00. That is what I would buy. In fact I bought two last year on GB, just in lower power ranges and also lower price ranges $400.00ish
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for Leupold.  
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped supporting Leupold a couple of decades ago. Overpriced and under-delivered in quality when compared to other glass. They have continually fallen behind in comparison to the better glass makers and scope companies and their prices are still just as high or higher. Please don't bring up American made either because the parts are made overseas and merely assembled in the U.S.

variable up to 18 or 20x

Asking about 18 or 20x usually indicates longer than the normal ranges most folks hunt. A plain duplex is pretty hard to manage at longer ranges by repeatable holdovers without some points of reference. Minimal indicators are available to remove some of the potential misses when shooting or hunting at longer ranges.

Vortex Optics Viper 6.5-20x50 Parallax Adjustment Second Focal Plane Riflescopes

You still have the design of the basic duplex with the plus of some holdover and holdoff marks. You can use this either way when called upon.

There are probably a dozen others in this price range when you decide on more of the options.

Best.

• GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Looks like vortex gets it. Thanks again, and have a great week.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    A national sporting warehouse store runs a special every once in awhile with the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 scope and I just bought one. It cost 250.00 and I was very impressed by the quality for the money. 30mm tube, Side focus, lifetime warranty they are very clear for this price range and they even give you a 25.00 gift card when you buy one. I just bought a 6.5 Grendel upper for my AR-15 and Im going to try to get another next time they are on sale.