In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Help Identifying The Manufacturer Of These Revolver Cranes.

buttplatebuttplate Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
Hello!
  Can anyone here ID these strange looking revolver cranes? I have searched with no results for the manufacturer of them.
  Thank you in advance!
  buttplate

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Never owned a Dan Wesson. But years ago, when I handled one. The cylinder latch was on the front of the crane. Similar to the one in your photo(s) 
  • Options
    Thanks R.S. You're right about the Dan Wesson revolvers, but these are a lot older than the modern Dan Wesson revolvers.
     buttplate
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    buttplate said:
    Thanks R.S. You're right about the Dan Wesson revolvers, but these are a lot older than the modern Dan Wesson revolvers.
     buttplate
    Went through my reference. "Handguns", by A. B. Zhuk. The only revolvers I could find, with the cylinder release on the crane. Other then the D. W.'s.

Were old revolvers out of Belgium, dating to the late 19th/early 20th Centuries. Prior to the German invasion of 1914. They were made by Pieper, Clement and Grah. From Liege Belgium. Chambered for the French 8mm, and Russian 7.62 revolver cartridges.
  • Options
    R.S.,
      Thank you again for the information. I figured it was some obscure revolver that isn't that well known. 
       Stay Safe!
       buttplate