In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Biden Latest Political Ad is Attacking Cov19 Preparedness

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 He is going for the throat and This next election cycle is going to be brutal. Trump along with The Republicans are going to get slammed over their handling of the reopening The economy too soon. Does not matter if 2009 H1N1 influenza  was deadlier or not.
                                                                      serf
Though the 2009 flu pandemic primarily affected children and young and middle-aged adults, the impact of the (H1N1)pdm09 virus on the global population during the first year was less severe than that of previous pandemics. Estimates of pandemic influenza mortality ranged from 0.03 percent of the world’s population during the 1968 H3N2 pandemic to 1 percent to 3 percent of the world’s population during the 1918 H1N1 pandemic. It is estimated that 0.001 percent to 0.007 percent of the world’s population died of respiratory complications associated with (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first 12 months the virus circulated.

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I am so sick of having to vote for the least objectional candidate. The democrats have said the republican response was dismal but offer no solutions that would have made a difference. He shuts down Chinese (Wuhan) flights and he is called a racist. Politicians like Pelosi and DeBlasio encouraged people to carry on with their lives like normal and now complain that Trump wants the country to do just that. The government couldn't just pull masks and ventilators out of thin air but now are doing a pretty good job. Massive field hospitals were constructed in places like New York and Detroit and got very little if any use. But according to the dems not enough was done. 

When I ask a liberal about Trump being racist they all say that he is. When I ask for examples they either don't have any or blow anything Trump said way out of proportion. When I list all the racist things about Biden they make tons of excuses for his words and actions. 

As I have stated before I am not a Trump fan but I think he has done as well as anyone could the last 6 months. I'll vote for him again to keep Joe out of office who seems to really not know what is going on around him. In a country of 330+ miliion people why can't we seem to find any really good leaders? Bob
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    biden has been quite successful at enriching himself and family...think what he can do if elected
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Preparedness?  We could have been a lot more prepared if Obama-Biden had (1) Replenished the stockpiles of supplies after their 2009 H1N1 party, and (2) If any lessons learned from that experience had been documented and passed on.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    i had this flash pic of gropin joe sitting alone in the oval office gropin..........and waitin for someone to tell him what to say
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    truthful said:
    Preparedness?  We could have been a lot more prepared if Obama-Biden had (1) Replenished the stockpiles of supplies after their 2009 H1N1 party, and (2) If any lessons learned from that experience had been documented and passed on.
    I am so tired of people blaming anyone for this, particularly anyone on the Federal level.  If FEMA did not replenish their stockpiles, that would be a failure of the agency.  Something like masks and PPP should not raise to the level of a Presidential decision.  Also, from a number of reports, part of the problem was that this was being addressed like a flu virus (a logical place to start, by the way) but it acts differently than the typical flu virus.

That said, where in our Constitution does it suggest that the Federal Government should be prepared to handle anything like this on a national level?   Centralized control is never the best answer, and last I checked the individual States still retain some autonomy and implicit with autonomy is responsibility.  This is not to say that any of the states or the Federal Government is responsible for the problem; it is to say that the individual states, as well as the local health districts within those states hold the bulk of the responsibility for preparedness and response to something like this.

The Federal Government has done way too much already, IMO.  It has severely screwed up the Unemployment Insurance system that was in place, participated in the increase of the power of the state over the individual, and allowed for excessive disruptions of the US economy by the promise of and then the infusion of dollars that we do not have.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    "As to the 2009 H1N1 versus the 2020 Coronavirus, here is a much more accurate story that hasn't been "influenced" and was released back in March when everyone should have been paying attention. If you care to educate yourself from the actual science community, it's good information, even if it's not political."

So, your link is "much more accurate" than what??
    The CDC report posted by serf?

We should "educate" ourselves from "the actual science community".
    You don't consider the CDC to be the science community?

The report you cited "was released back in March when everyone should have been paying attention".
    Everyone except you, right? In spite of allegedly living with a medical professional,  who was allegedly called out of retirement to help deal with the crushing volume of wu-flu cases in Missoula MT?, you selfishly chose to allegedly travel to the UK to allegedly attend some sort of geriatric race car driving school.
    Even against the advice of many on this forum, you chose to expose yourself, your family and hundreds of your fellow travelers (and race car drivers) to a deadly virus.
    Now you prefer to blame DJT for the very lunacy that you allegedly engaged in.
    Do you even read the things you post and consider how they relate to your stories from the past?
    WAPOW!

Arrivederci gigi
    Trust me, princess. Everyone who calls you on your hypocrisy, self servitude and BS, isn't jealous.
    Sweet dreams
    Arrivederci gigi
  • TriplehTripleh Member Posts: 2

Trump 2020 this is MAGA country! 🇺🇸

^^^^^^^
    There's something we should all be able to agree on!
    Arrivederci gigi