In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭

Wife got a pack. Labeled cantaloupe seeds.

From My research on the subject...these news reports have little info and are fear mongering. It looks like a company got a list of people that ordered seeds online at some point and just mass mailed random 100 seed packs out to everyone on the list, that way inflating their number of customers to make them look more legit. I don't think there was anything nefarious although I do not plan to plant the seeds.

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that could be it, but I don't know any gardeners that would order or plant seeds from China.

• yonsonyonson Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭
    A number of folks here in MN have got them.  Being advised NOT to plant them until it can be determined what they are.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    Never underestimate human stupid.  Knew a gent that was conducting computer security test at a government office.  He went to coffee shop next door, left 5 USB thumb drives laying on booths, sink in bathroom, etc.  All 5 had a viral program loaded.  All 5 were picked up.  4 went back to the govt office, were plugged in to a govt computer.  The alert was over possible invasive species.  You like kudzu and Japanese beetles?  Invasive species.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Another attack by the chicoms.  DemonRATS see and say NOTHING.  
    The figure [dope] head of the rats loves him some chinaman bribes. 
    Crooked joe and his rats have their tongue so far up chinamans business they can taste  chinamans toothpaste. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7yVCwv6NU

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

"Agricultural bio-researcher" what the heck is that, agronomist?

Lots of different seeds out there, the ones my wife got were labeled cantaloupe. Looks right for cantaloupe, yeah I'm not going to plant them but I doubt an "Agricultural bio-researcher" truly couldn't identify a seed unless he sucks at his job. I have seen many different types of seeds in the various pictures around so I doubt they could bioengineer that many different plants.

It will be interesting to see what the USDA comes up with on this. I would think the investigation should last like one day. Track the packages back to the sender and ask what their deal is.

Here's the package my wife got, I blocked out her name and address.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

The entire World needs to get in lock step, and shut China out.

Lying B'stards don't give a Rat's A $ $ about the rest of the World. We should return the favor.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    They've got plenty of land mass and people to feed, tell them to plant the seeds there.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
     there is  >>>NOTHING<<<  innocent about china...........NOTHING
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Crooked rat joe loves chinaman.
    Hang this d-rat traitor and aid swindler alongside his low life kid hunter. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7yVCwv6NU
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out what I can send to random Chinese addresses to give the media on their side of the planet something to squawk about.   Can you imagine when they have some sort of seeds from Alabama showing up in China without warning.    It would have to be heirloom tomato plant seeds.....just to do Alabama a solid tribute.   We need more decent tomato plants out there in the world. 
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I'm trying to figure out what I can send to random Chinese addresses to give the media on their side of the planet something to squawk about.   Can you imagine when they have some sort of seeds from Alabama showing up in China without warning.    It would have to be heirloom tomato plant seeds.....just to do Alabama a solid tribute.   We need more decent tomato plants out there in the world. 
    you could send em a bunch of alabama mullets, they can let them grow into pigtails.......................
  • fugawefugawe Member Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭
    We need to send China some kudzu seeds.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Ricin.

The gift that keeps on giving.

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    fugawe said:
    We need to send China some kudzu seeds.
    If you send those they will make ethyenal 

• Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    Well the country that used a biological weapon against everyone in the world is now sending unknown seeds to people to plant. What could possibly go wrong?
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    Send them duck weed. :p
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    They need giant salvinia in their lives. 
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    why couldn't they just plant em indoors?? not like their gonna grow into the little shop of horrors then they will know what they are...........
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Privet seeds, send those. I hate those dang things. Can't get rid of them. Almost as bad as kudzu. The sprout up everywhere. Dig them up, mow them down, go out tomorrow and there is another forest of them. Only thing that differentiates them from kudzu is that they don't climb.