In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

MORE MONEY!!!!!

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
We are getting more "free" money from our benevolent government soon. Another check and I am hearing this one is gonna be even more than the last one. It's just cause they love us and are worried about us, and of course so we will vote for them thinking it will mean more free stuff in the future. I guess they figure they have no choice, that if they told us the truth, that times are bad and may get worse and we all need to buckle down and get tough we couldn't handle it. They are probably right but sooner or later the truth will have to raise its ugly head. What will folks do when they learn there is no such thing as free stuff?? All that free stuff has to be taken from someone else. Like John Fogerty said; "I see a bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way".
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bad+moon+rising&view=detail&mid=F9C42A88AFAE643CA841F9C42A88AFAE643CA841&FORM=VIRE0&ru=

Comments

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree Ricci I see bad things coming.  I watch the financial news at 4 am when I get up and the dollar continues to go down against other currencies with all of our debt.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    it is NOT their money they are giving away...and it is NOT them that have to pay it back....BS
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will pass prior to their next vacation
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me how many parents choose to live right now, and have no regard for their children's future...the one's who will suffer trying to pay it back..
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I can afford a Pump shotgun and some buckshot now ;)
    RLTW

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    First let me say I TOTALLY agree with you!!!

What I find interesting is I have been hearing the old farts talking about how bad our national debt is and how it will result in the destruction of our country starting in the early 60's.  The same was being said earlier than the early 60's but I was to young to pay attention to politics.  I have been hearing about how much debt we have and how we are going to drown under this massive amount of debt on an almost weekly basis from the 60's to date.  The difference is that now I'm the old fart.  So for 60 years I have been hearing how we can't keep borrowing and adding to our debt.  For 60 years the old farts have been wrong, now that I'm the old fart it seems that I might be wrong also.  I wonder when this house of cards will finally collapse??  I can't believe we got 60 more years to go but I can't believe we made it this far so who knows??
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    Like I said before, considering the federal taxes paid over the years, Ill take it and spend it. 
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    Question: Will these payments be added to our 2020 income so we will pay taxes on them?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    Question: Will these payments be added to our 2020 income so we will pay taxes on them?
    if not directly, they will figure out a way to tax you for something either with increase or new tax to make up for it, got to get the money from those who have to those who haven't somehow...........
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    dreher said:

What I find interesting is I have been hearing the old farts talking about how bad our national debt is and how it will result in the destruction of our country starting in the early 60's.  The same was being said earlier than the early 60's but I was to young to pay attention to politics.  I have been hearing about how much debt we have and how we are going to drown under this massive amount of debt on an almost weekly basis from the 60's to date.  The difference is that now I'm the old fart.  So for 60 years I have been hearing how we can't keep borrowing and adding to our debt.  For 60 years the old farts have been wrong, now that I'm the old fart it seems that I might be wrong also.  I wonder when this house of cards will finally collapse??  I can't believe we got 60 more years to go but I can't believe we made it this far so who knows??
    Not a thing seems to make sense, to include, a lot of the stuff we were taught in our educational system...but hope springs eternal...or does it...
    What's next?
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    kimi said:
    dreher said:

Not a thing seems to make sense, to include, a lot of the stuff we were taught in our educational system...but hope springs eternal...or does it...

Greece Crisis Explained

In 2009, Greece’s budget deficit exceeded 15% of its gross domestic product. 2 Fear of default widened the 10-year bond spread and ultimately led to the collapse of Greece’s bond market. This would shut down Greece’s ability to finance further debt repayments.

Debt Could Exceed the Size of the Economy This Year - Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

During the Great Recession, debt grew by 21 percent of GDP between the end of 2008 and the end of 2010. Under current law, we estimate debt will grow a similar amount over just a seven month period. Specifically, we estimate debt will grow from just under 80 percent of GDP prior to the crisis to over 100 percent of GDP by the end of Fiscal Year 2020, on October 1. Our projections show debt will continue to grow as a share of GDP thereafter, exceeding the prior record of 106 percent set just after World War II by 2023 and exceeding 107 percent of GDP by 2025. The estimates assume a robust recovery in 2021 and a full recovery to pre-crisis projections by 2025. 

We are getting ready to exceed what happened in Greece.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Just like dumbing down the schools with no child left behind. I wonder if they'll legalize heroine next?
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    A definite "YES" from the fed as well as UI. States may tax too, you have to check with your state.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    dreher said:

We do not know the future.  If history is correct, and it tends to repeat itself, it will end suddenly without warning, very badly.  You can not monetize the nations money and have it turn out well, we are doing that very thing by the trillions of dollars.  You can not destroy value of the world's reserve currency and have it end well for the USA.  Will the ball drop in the next 20 years?  Who knows.  There is a price to be paid and the end of the dollar as the world reserve currency may well be the first step.  Any one able to pay $24.00 USD for a loaf of bread or $32.00 USD for a dozen eggs?  How about $49.99 for a gallon of gas?  We are on the road to financial destruction and or war on a global scale.  Wonder how that will work out if this happens during the middle of the US Civil War part II....
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    chiefr said:
    A definite "YES" from the fed as well as UI. States may tax too, you have to check with your state.
    The information I have received says it will not be taxable, at least at the federal level. The IRS has some convoluted explanation that it is an advanced tax credit and they are giving you the refund for it now. My buddy the cpa says it is an idiotic program the way it is being being administered but no individual tax liability is incurred. Bob
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

A few thoughts to ponder...

While they are dumping and enormous amount of money into the economy - not enough money to help families and small businesses afloat - they are doing so via electronic deposit or digital transfer...

Previously if they wanted to pump up the economy they printed more money - and as our currency is not commodity based or attached to the physical value of a known standard tradeable item like gold or silver or oil or rubidium or uranium or gold pressed latinum printing massive amounts of paper results in the currency being worth less than the paper it's printed on...

You folks who go own paper saying a bank or mint or firm owes you physical gold or silver or platinum - we're you don't actually have possession in your hands and in your home are screwed...

Hoarding paper currency or stock certificates with the coupons attached sounds great till you need a wheelbarrow full to get a carton of eggs and gallon of milk and roll of toilet paper - let alone gasoline and prescription meds or medical care...

Bread and circus - if you can eat cheap fast food and watch 300 channels of cable TV and trillions of programmed hours on your phone and free music on the radio you are distracted and happy...

Large flat screen TV units can be had cheap - all you need is to steal some fancy sneakers so the ladies can't Jack your gear...

Cheap alcohol and cheap legal pot...

Meanwhile the world is on fire and billions are starving under horrible military quasi religious dictatorships...

More people are trafficked as slaves now than in 1619 - 1850

Nobody worked for the Money or earned the money or values the money and it's backed or secured by thin air and false promises.

Food for thought.

Mike

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    My Republican Senator Ron Johnson said on the news last night as to more or less. Don't hold your breath to get more extra money from the Feds.