In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Of all the Taurus guns

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
in all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, I would say these old PT 92's are probably the best. I don't remember seeing one break which is more than I can say about Beretta 92's.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875475029

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited July 2020
    Who ever did the Cerakot did a nice job. It looks great. 
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

A guy that worked for me had one, when the Beretta was all the rage, and he loved it.

Felt good, looked good, shot good.

When he tried to eject a live round, it locked up.

THE EJECTION PORT WAS TOO SHORT TO PASS A LIVE ROUND!

He sent it back to Taurus and they apologized, saying they do not understand how that happened or how it got past QC (Quality Control).

They returned it WITHOUT REPAIRING IT!

This was a long time ago and I have another story as well. I still don't trust 'em.

However, I have their Public Defender (wife's discard) that is deadly on snakes.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    I really like the safety design of the Taurus PT92,  Up to lock, useful for Condition One carry, and down to de-cock.
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an old Taurus 96 that I like more than my Smith K22.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    Being in CA "off roster" guns are hard to get.  Kind of found myself picking up whatever I could that the state didn't want me to have.  Recently picked up a Taurus 58 and a 941 revolver.  Fun for plinking I guess, all metal and wood.

I'm accepting donations for PT58 magazines.  Never would have thought an inexpensive pistol would have mags that are a PITA to find and expensive. :(
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Noted gun pulp author, Jan Libourel, wrote he would rely on a PT-92 to defend, life limb. G&A or ST.. many years ago.
    As I recall, he gave a favorable review for most Taurus products . Hmmmmmmmmm!
    :D
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    dfletcher said:
    Being in CA "off roster" guns are hard to get.  Kind of found myself picking up whatever I could that the state didn't want me to have.  Recently picked up a Taurus 58 and a 941 revolver.  Fun for plinking I guess, all metal and wood.

I'm accepting donations for PT58 magazines.  Never would have thought an inexpensive pistol would have mags that are a PITA to find and expensive. :(
    Here's a couple.  They were easy to find, but they are kinda spendy!
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=pt58%20magazine
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen failures of Tawrus 92s for broken extractors or the extractor spring. Rest of the pistol seems to work fine.  
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    Every so often, I'll find myself watching Supernatural aka Stupidnatural and get a hankering for a bright chromed and gold plated PT92. I've resisted the temptation thus far.

I hear those Taurus G2's are functional and can use Sig P226 mags. Looking on the competition's a-list, they look like they would make for good trading fodder.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I sortta like them, I have two, one blued, one stainless.  The blued gun has been abused to hell and back with thousands of VERY hot handloads and cast 124 gr bullets.  it cracked the lock lug after Lord knows how many rounds.  Taurus fixed it free.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking pistol!  Is the serial number as depicted in the pics?  Or did you blur it for the pics?
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    I jumped the bid about $75 but I wasn't high bidder so I guess I'm not going to own another Taurus 9.  Already got one that I like so I thought "Why not!!" 
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    I just can't bring myself to purchase any Taurus semi auto.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    What might the value be for a NIB late 1980's model?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    I trust the revolvers and own two, one from Ricci.  Semi autos, not so much.