In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammo Prices- WOW

ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
Holy cow, was looking at the auction side and certain caliber of ammo are out of sight.    9mm going for $20.00+ box,  5.56mm from  .50  cent to .90 cent depending on bullet type, 7.62X39 Russian from .35 to .50 cents.  I guess this will continue until the election or later.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    I’m sitting on about 950 rounds of 7.62*39 Wolf steel case. I bought it in 1999 for $90/1000.
    If it goes to $1/round, I’m selling!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    The prices for factory ammo are going to be good for the sellers of reloading equipment and components.  I just sent a 40 pound box of reloading stuff to my son in the Seattle area.  He makes awesome money but feeding his 9MM's is getting expensive.  I also noted the price of used brass is going nuts.  I have 22-250 and .243 that is going into the polisher and listed on GB if I have time this weekend.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    The prices for factory ammo are going to be good for the sellers of reloading equipment and components.  I just sent a 40 pound box of reloading stuff to my son in the Seattle area.  He makes awesome money but feeding his 9MM's is getting expensive.  I also noted the price of used brass is going nuts.  I have 22-250 and .243 that is going into the polisher and listed on GB if I have time this weekend.
    I was thinking the same thing about brass.  I have boxes and boxes of brass for .38 that I used to shoot a lot more of but don't anymore.  Make some money to pay for some of the guns I am shooting now.
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    I have 18 5 gallon buckets of brass, separated by caliber.  Been waiting for the price increase to happen.  Have about 380 pieces of 444 and 350 pieces of 45-70, all NEW.  A few rounds of 50 cal.

I throw anything smaller than 9mm away.

I'll keep waiting and grinning.

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    I’m sitting on about 950 rounds of 7.62*39 Wolf steel case. I bought it in 1999 for $90/1000.
    If it goes to $1/round, I’m selling!
    Don't be any hurry on selling it. The new Russian 7.62 X 39, that's been hitting the street in the last couple of years. Has lawyer proof, supper hard primers. Have had all kinds of problems with it. Even in a Russian SKS, for gods sake. Had to put a +20% hammer spring, in my 7.62 X 39 AR build. To even get it to work. The kicker is the Russian steel case ammo, isn't marked any differently, between the old good stuff and the new hard primer crap.  Only the lot number, inside the boxes. I've had the same problem, with Tula, Wolf and Red Army. 
  • scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭

What us55840 said...unless I buy a firearm in a new caliber.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    Being in California I'm glad I got my ammo before the silly background check came on. Then COVID hit and the price gouging. Kind a thankful for the background check making me buy a bit extra. I may have to buy a better safe for the ammo. Getting to be that the ammo is more valuable than my guns.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭
    If you think its bad on GB, check out CTD. 
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

Picked up two boxes of 9mm fmj at Bi-Mart(Pacific Northwest smaller version of Walmart) for $10 a box limit two. Went to the second store in town and got 2 more. Cabelas is only open for curbside here and is usually $9 a box. My friend in California can’t get any 9mm where he is. Probably buy up 500 rounds then take it with me to CA and he can just pay me back.

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm holding on to every round I have.  Even if I don't have the firearm for it at the moment, it will stay secure in my home.  Push comes to shove, I will be prepared.  No amount of money per round will entice me to sell.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    Not concerned as have more ammo than I will ever shoot in my lifetime.....rifle and handgun.
     B) 
    I am close to this.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    susie said:
    I'm holding on to every round I have.  Even if I don't have the firearm for it at the moment, it will stay secure in my home.  Push comes to shove, I will be prepared.  No amount of money per round will entice me to sell.
    .........and also thinking like this at the moment.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    susie said:
    Yep, same here.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    LGS had a couple cans of 1000 9mm brass priced at 100.00
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    mac10 said:
    LGS had a couple cans of 1000 9mm brass priced at 100.00

I have never seen 9mm that cheap. Sure it is not 500 rounds for $100?
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I'm with Susie, Mohawk and HPD. i bought it and stocked up for a reason.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    My Great Grand Pappy told me that during the depression there were two things that were like gold... Ammunition and liquor
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Still going to the range 2 x a week.
    Well prepped for the Apocalypse a coming.
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Ground hog day movie comes to mind.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    I've still got 25 years plus of ammo left and that doesn't count all my available brass I could reload.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    ruger41 said:

Picked up two boxes of 9mm fmj at Bi-Mart(Pacific Northwest smaller version of Walmart) for $10 a box limit two. Went to the second store in town and got 2 more. Cabelas is only open for curbside here and is usually $9 a box. My friend in California can’t get any 9mm where he is. Probably buy up 500 rounds then take it with me to CA and he can just pay me back.

Mighty white of you. I don't remember giving you my address. Had I known I would've given you a shopping list. Anyways how deep in are you headed?
  • Cherub1mCherub1m Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Ammo prices are ridiculous.  How about we as consumers come up with a universal plan to just stop buying 9mm at prices over 50c a round, and 45ACP at prices over 80c a round and any ammo for that matter that people are trying to sell for double the price and I am talking about stores and including auctions, if the price is double its normal price leave it (whoever, double their prices, they are "GOUGERS") and last those ammo stockers :)  please, if you have 1000 plus rounds (ok for those die hard people 2000 plus round :) ), please let the next guy or gal get the ammo ;) .  I get it prices will be higher, but over double! that is not good, for firearms and trying to get new people to start eliminating the myths about firearms will be difficult, especially if its to expensive to start (and guess what? if they cant try firearms, they will continue with the myth and those young people, when they grow up and become politicians, they will be spreading the myth about firearms).  Right now I am glad I got an off caliber handgun to shot.  I've been shooting my RIA Ultra 1911 FS 22 TCM,  its fun to shoot and the ammo is expensive but its reasonable and I can find it.  This brings me to another point, get an off caliber firearm, with available ammo to shoot that way you get your regular dose of range time and don't have to use/buy/or at lease us less of the popular rounds.  It takes everyone to get that mind set and the gougers will crawl back into there holes.  Well, everyone be safe and God bless.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't plan on selling any of my ammo. What would I do if I sold it all at gouger prices? Throw money at the bad guy? :D
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said Ricci.....
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    run to cabelas near me this morning  for something to do  they had zero handgun ammo
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Just buy online.. Ammo is plentiful