In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How to Guarantee 8 Days Straight Rain -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General Discussion

Get 4 loads of Super dry Firewood delivered.

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Go on a once in a lifetime vacation works too.
  • Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    Or trying to build a new pole barn. I really hope the rain this year is an anomaly because severe storms with torrential rain almost every day for the last 6 months is getting old. Love this area but this is not the kind of weather I expected.
  • scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭
    Tear off old roof.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    what you can't stack wood in the rain???  ya ain't gonna melt, besides you won't need a shower when your done.........
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    What is super dry?

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Spray 25 gallons of Roundup mix then break out your umbrella.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    Or trying to build a new pole barn. I really hope the rain this year is an anomaly because severe storms with torrential rain almost every day for the last 6 months is getting old. Love this area but this is not the kind of weather I expected.
    I will take some of that weather.  No rain to speak of and temperatures above 90 degrees every day for the last month or so is also getting old.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Seed your lawn or put turf down - seed garden beds or plant new trees...

Buy a new car or detail an old one...

Mike

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    A friend I used to work with went on vacation on his motorcycle one time back in the 70s. He got caught in a freak rain storm and flash flood in Death Valley of all places. One of the driest places on earth. Death Valley averages less than 2 inches of rain per year. During one stretch from 1931 until 1934 there was just over 1/2 inch rain recorded. Weird stuff like that was always happening to him. You didn't want to be near him during a thunderstorm. 
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Q:  what do you call the day after three days of rain in Seward Alaska?
    A:  Monday
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    Cling2myguns, where are you from??  That sure is different than here in sunny S.C.  

Nanuq907, It has been 1 or 2 years more than 50 years ago but I remember being in Seward, Alaska.  Yes, after all these years I remember the rain.  I was there in the summer time and raingear was not in my kit.  What I remember is being damp for several days. 
  • Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    Here in KY the weather app says for today's date it's rained 23 times out of the last 30 years
    And I've got a yard to prep and plant.   

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I plan on inside storage this year. I want the wood to be thoroughly dry before I start stacking it inside in my shed. I may not have a choice. It will probably bake dry in there. It gets rediculously hot inside.

Super dry firewood, is older (not green) logs coming from the Sawmill as rejects for one reason or another. (Metal etc.) Split at least 6 mo. ago. Stored under open sided metal roofed carports, rather than left outside in the rain. I had asked the guy to source the driest wood he had in the length requirement I gave him. He did a really good job supplying what I asked for.

It rained (poured) the night/evening it got delivered. It has rained every day since. I should have had the guys throw it (not stack it) right inside the shed. I am sure they would have been okay with that. My bad.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I was kinda hoping to keep with the not rained on aspect of this wood, and throw it in the shed to further bake dry.

Seems kind of a shame to have kept it not rained on for 6 mo. or more, and now its gotten soaked for 8 days straight. Oh well.

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭
    I recorded zero rain in July here in sunny Ogden. The last measurable rain was June 28, and it wasn't much.
    Last year was unusually wet, but we had 25.75" of precip by August 1. This year, it's 12.58" It's going to have to be a lot wetter between now and October 1, which is the start of our new water year. We are supposed to average about 19" of rain annually.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

If you ride a motorcycle you are going up get wet . Buy the best rain suit you can find , you will need it .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    There is an new invention that many may have never heard about, no too expensive unless you are looking at one for a tractor trailer. If I remember it is called a tarp. ;)