In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

best 9mm glock or sig

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
Anyone own or shoot the Glock 19x or 45 and compared to the Sig 320 M18 model if so thoughts on both of them ??

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    I shot one of the 19 x's in FDE, year or so ago. I really liked it's looks. But it seemed way to much money. and not a bit better.  Compared to my M 17, that I've owned since 1986. 

No experience with the Sig, although I've owned a P 220 and still have a P 226 with a .22 upper.

You won't go wrong with either. But I believe you would be better off with the Glock. Considering it's much longer track record. And aftermarket parts and accessories etc. Available for it, compared to the SIG.
  • Collector52Collector52 Member Posts: 30
    Neither gun is my favorite, but I would choose the Glock.
  • combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭

What if i throw the walther ppq m2 in mix how does that compare

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    The PPG m1 is a fantastic pistol. Much better trigger than any Glock and of course better ergonomics. I do prefer the M1 with the thinner grip and paddle mag release. The HK VP9 is nice too but I like and bought a PPQ M1 when they first came out. There are maybe 800 or 900 rounds through it if remember correctly and it has never missed a lick. I won't get rid of my Glocks cause after years spent running two indoor ranges, I still think they are the most reliable pistols I can buy and that is what I choose to carry. 
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    combatinc said:

What if i throw the walther ppq m2 in mix how does that compare

The PPQM2 is one of my favorites (I have a LOT of favorite handguns). Among the pistols with a Glock-type trigger, the PPQ is easily the best of the bunch. I installed an Apex trigger in my P320, so it has a clear edge so far as the trigger is concerned. 

Unlike the Glock 19, the PPQM2 ran suppressed right out of the box.

As a bonus, Walther makes a .22LR version of the PPQ, which is great for training or casual plinking (9mm top. .22LR bottom):

PPQ .22LR suppressed:

The size of the P320 and Walther PPQ are actually quite close. Here you can see the two pistols together:

Just to prove that I do have a Glock 19, here it is:

Other pistols you might consider are the CZ P10C:

Or the Beretta APX:

Just like the P320, the APX modular and allows you to change frames in a variety of colors (surely one of them will suit you):

And of course the Beretta APX can be suppressed (notice the finish is almost identical to the Beretta ARX rifle):

Here are the P320, the Walther PPQM2 and the Beretta APX grouped together:

Although OAL is close, the Beretta APX is a "slimmer" design. The trigger on the APX is good out of the box, and with the addition of the $15 target connector, it is nearly as good as the PPQM2. 

As always, these are my photos of my own guns.