In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hydroxychloroquine, the preferred treatment?

sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
It's a  REALLY long story, but my extremely high risk wife 'may' have been exposed  to wuflu.
Her doctor's office doesn't perform testing so referred her to a local facility that does.
She had a lengthy conversation with a PA from that facility and, after advising the PA that she had been taking Hydroxychloroquine for over 25 years, she learned some interesting things. 
The staff at this facility doesn't understand the hysteria surrounding the use of Hydroxychloroquine, or the reasons for Fauci's continual warnings about it's use. (Though they "have their suspicions".) 
In this area, at least, it is commonly used as a regular, and important part of their treatment protocols for even the most critically ill patients, with great results.
The PA advised my wife that, while the data was insufficient for any clear conclusion, their observations even
seemed to indicate that patients who had been using Hydroxychloroquine, long term, were sometimes less likely to be severely impacted by the virus, even though they were prescribed the drug for underlying conditions that SHOULD make them more susceptible to it. She cautioned my wife that, should she contract the virus, her symptoms MIGHT be so minor that it could be similar to a mild to moderate cold, and to be hyper aware of this. This is still a deadly virus and there was never any attempt by the PA to downplay the danger, but she did point out that while case numbers may be climbing, deaths have remained flat, regionally at least.
My wife has numerous auto-immune conditions and consequently has regular visits with her primary care physician, rheumatologist, gastroenterologist and cardiologist. All are aware of the various medications used to treat my wife and none has ever expressed any concern over Hydroxychloroquine except her primary care physician.  His concerns are focused on the possibility that long term use can cause vision issues, so my wife has annual evaluations at a laser and cataract clinic.

I've no medical training beyond a CPR card, and am certainly not presenting this as any kind of medical advice.
I'm just relaying some information from a medical professional that I found to be rather interesting.

Arrivederci gigi

Comments

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Hydroxy cheap, no big money to be made.  New vaccine and you must take it to be in public, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    while it may not be the miracle cure all some may want it to be, it does seem to work very well as a prescribed treatment for others with supervision for its side effects , gotta agree with the others not much money to be made from it and it should be long past time for the generic versions to kick in even cheaper.......
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Spent months in equatorial Africa and took it daily for prophylaxis. I consider it a miracle drug. Anyone who has used the drug will agree.  
    HyDCLQ has been around for 65 years and is used all over the world. Millions have taken the drug.

When Trump endorsed the drug as treatment, DEMOCRATs and their filthy liars in the media went on a campaign to use Trumps endorsement of the drug, plus the fact Trump was taking the drug as a preventative, to launch a personal attack with  HyDCLQ  as collateral damage.     

To this day, I wonder just how many of the HyDCLQ haters have used the Drug.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

Been taking it for years to treat arthritis . So far no problems. Has it prevented me from catching the wuflu? Who knows , can’t prove or disprove that one , but so far I am healthy .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....