In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun store fire

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

Gun store I work at part time burned nite before last . Old building close to 100 years old Reportedly the roof collapsed . Haven’t been able to find out what has been salvaged but things don’t look good . Guess I will job hunt after I heal up from my knee replacement .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    Dang, sorry to hear this.  Best wishes for you both.  Hang tough and heal up.  They may need you to help with clean,sort things,ect.  Keep us posted.  
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

I’m glad you weren’t in it when that roof came down.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

I have been a volunteer fireman for 37 years . Several members of the responding Dept were inside when the roof collapsed . Thankfully none suffered any major injuries although two were hospitalized overnight as a precaution . They were very lucky . The responding Dept has a track record of taking what to me are unacceptable risks and not keeping up with their personnel on the fire scene .

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    pulsarnc said:

I have been a volunteer fireman for 37 years . Several members of the responding Dept were inside when the roof collapsed . Thankfully none suffered any major injuries although two were hospitalized overnight as a precaution . They were very lucky . The responding Dept has a track record of taking what to me are unacceptable risks and not keeping up with their personnel on the fire scene .

That is not good.  Sure hope they re-think that practice very soon.  Both my wife and I served on a local VFD.  We were driver/ops.  
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭✭

What was the name of the store and what town was it?

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭✭

S&J shooting and hunting , formerly Lagrange guns and gear . Lagrange ,NC pretty much a total loss . Roof collapsed and took out most of the interior