In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Great day

BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in General Discussion

Worked all day, but after that it got better!

Cutting the grass and hit a couple downed walnuts. The smell came out and reminded me of the smell of fall.

Then in part of the yard near a field I must have been kicking up some bugs as a swallow was floating around me so close that I ducked a couple times thinking it was going to hit me. Amazing skills and response time they have. I wonder how much faster their eyes-brain-motor skills are than ours??

Wife was painting the porch and it was the coolest day we’d had since April. Daughter who was furloughed ( goes back to work Monday) stopped by to help her paint. Opened a nice bottle of wine, warmed up some left over spaghetti.

The three of us are lined up with a friend of hers to go kayaking tomorrow. Waiting for the other shoe to drop - just unusual to have two such nice days in a row.

But if it happens I’ll take it!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Sounds like a great day!

• Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭

Awesome! That definitely sounds like a great day. What brand/flavor of wine did you guys enjoy?

We went on a 2 hour kayak paddle yesterday. It was extremely relaxing!

Jon

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    With the right attitude life can truly be wonderful, joy filled journey!!  Life is good!!  
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    For years while mowing the 5 acres around the house I have usually 5-8 Barn Swallows diving in front of my tractor trying to snatch the bugs I scare up. They are so fast It's really hard to count them. It's amazing how agile and fast they are. Sometimes I just stop and watch them for a while. They must hear my tractor running and that's what signals them to come over. That's the only time I see them.
    Joe
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 big Red Tail hawks that frequent the area. When I bush hog they perch in the trees nearby so the can see the small critters running for cover. They are a hoot to watch. Pretty sure the will snatch something up, fly up into the trees and dispatch the dinner menu then swoop back for more without eating the first kill. Smart they are.
    Sort of like bears and coyotes when they hear gun fire/dinner bell