In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

‘In Texas we care about what the founders put in the Constitution’

Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-ag-on-ny-ag-seeking-to-dissolve-nra-in-texas-we-care-about-what-the-founders-put-in-the-constitution
Ken Paxton (Texas AG) says he is welcoming the NRA to come to Texas because 'they have done amazing work over the years defending the Second Amendment'

“I think it’s a little late now, but we certainly would invite them to come to Texas to avoid this in the future because if they're in New York, it opens them up to investigation by the attorney general's office in a way that I don't think would happen in Texas, so I would encourage them to move as soon as they can,” Paxton said.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    'they have done amazing work over the years defending the Second Amendment'
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    Paxton is a lawyer turned politician and apparently views rights as something created by government.

He is not alone.

OTOH, if the dues paying members of the NRA do not have a problem with Wayne and his cronies siphoning off millions of dollars for their own personal entertainment, I do not see how there could be charges filed.  I am fairly certain the State of New York has not donated to the NRA, and therefore do not see how they have standing in this case.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele