In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

California Magazine Up Date. 10+ open season.

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
California Magazine Update 8-14-2020  Congratulations
California residents can now order standard capacity magazines!
 You can read the ruling on this link https://bit.ly/2Fg3pJh

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    A brief moment of sanity from the 9th.  It won't last long.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    hoosier said:
    California Magazine Update 8-14-2020  Congratulations
    California residents can now order standard capacity magazines!
     You can read the ruling on this link https://bit.ly/2Fg3pJh

Dave, it's not a done deal yet, the stay has to be lifted, and communist Becerra will appeal to en banc. BTW... the 9th Circuit Judge that ruled on this, is a Trump appointee.

• hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    Brownells is now Shipping  per their  web site.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭
    Just my luck pay day ain't until the 20th. I reckon I'll miss it.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    I must be reading a different ruling. My take is that the court stated that the voter approved ban on magazines holding more than ten rounds: Proposition 63, was unconstitutional. The court did not address the states 2000 ban on the sale of high capacity magazines, only that such magazines which are held in legal possession will remain legal and need not be surrendered as Prop 63 required.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, as I am one of the very few GB forum members who remains even slightly interested in what happens in California.  
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    The legal beagles on the CalGuns Forum are staying on top of this. What I gather is the 9th Judge ruled the ban unconstitutional, and in violation of the 2nd Amendment. You know the communists will fight this tooth and nail, because it will set a precedence for all the states in the 9th's jurisdiction, which in turn will do the same for the whole country.
    Brownell's stripped bare and no back order according to a guy I know. Natchez and Midway won't ship to California so maybe it's because of the "ruling"? I've been tasked to call them on Monday.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    So, ten days later, where is Freedom Week II? Six identical threads, although one member requested that his clone-thread be removed due to its being redundant, and I'm not hearing any news of a magazine buying frenzy.
  • Gun eToolsGun eTools Member Posts: 14
    I've got my orders in at Brownell's and PSA now just waiting to see what happens.
    Gun eTools - Mobile App To Find Gun Store and Ranges, Curated industry news and GunBroker.com mobile
    Supposedly today the ag is supposed to file or does not. If he does nothing the silliness might sunset but there was a "clause" or extension for 10 days after today? I reckon tomorrow after I awake I'll know more.
    edited September 2020
    Supposedly today the ag is supposed to file or does not. If he does nothing the silliness might sunset but there was a "clause" or extension for 10 days after today? I reckon tomorrow after I awake I'll know more.
    11 days later...where are the magazines? I ask because it took six- later reduced to five, threads which were first posted in General Discussion to boast about this major event. So, where is the payoff?