In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

question

NurimaNurima Member Posts: 1
I bought 20 Ga. Pump Shotgun 7+1 Tube Turkish Clone New NR. I'm new with firearms and don't know where can I buy short butt stock for my shotgun because the original one is too long for me?

Comments

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    The original can be cut down to the appropriate length and have the butt plate re-installed.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    If your not familiar with firing shotguns. Sometimes the recoil, even with a 20 gauge, can be surprising. Specially with home protection type loads. 

After cutting back the butt, to the length that suits you. Instead of reinstalling the original butt plate. Get a slip on, butt pad. That has one of the heavy duty, recoil absorbing plastic liners. Your shoulder will appreciate it. I believe Amazon  sells them?
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a wood stock it can be cut shorter but if your stock is synthetic (plastic) then it may be hollow inside and you may not be able to cut it. Best would be to have a gunsmith take a look. 
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a wood stock it can be cut shorter but if your stock is synthetic (plastic) then it may be hollow inside and you may not be able to cut it. Best would be to have a gunsmith take a look. 
    That will be the decision maker right there...
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK : 
    Gunsmith ??? and OR Maybe should have bought a better selection ??? Just a Thought !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • SammySammy Member Posts: 28
    I have put recoil pads on a lot of hollow stocks.  You need to put something inside the hollow to attach the pad to.
    I would glue in a piece of wood to  hold the screws or a mound of accra glass.