In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mail in catastrophe..........

jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Politics
If this voting mess is not sorted out by year end, and it want, the speaker of the house will take over the country.  I hope it gets settled.

The House will elect the Speaker on or after Jan.3rd. But the Constitution does provide that if no winner of President or Vice President is determined by Jan. 20th, the Speaker of the House becomes President until it is determined.

Also assume that the Senate is split 50-50 ( a very very real possibility this year), then until it is over there is no one to break the tie since the Vice President is the Speaker of the Senate.

Assume even further that there is no election at all. Then president pro tempore of the Senate (currently Grassley) becomes President. But it will be a heck of a mess if the Seante is split 50-50 because they won't be able to elect one. What is in place now ends for congress on Jan. 3rd and for the President on Jan 20th. If all of the above happened the acting Presient would be Pompeo as Sec. of State.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    wwhaat the hell is the problem ??????????? i can send a stamped letter 1500 miles across AMERICA to relatives and it has always got there ???????  are political groups waiting outside the post office to sabotage the mail truck ?????? wife and i got our ballots by mail, filled them out, and delivered them to the courthouse(with our masks on)....took 10  minutes .......NO PROBLEMO
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭
    pelosi's "Hail Mary"? I meant "Hail Satan".
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    spasmcreek, there is a huge difference between absentee mail in voting and national mail in voting, you must request absentee and show proper ID to get your mail in vote, the dems want nationwide mail in voting, in other words a vote sent to each voter in the US to be filled out and mailed back, with no proof of ID as far as I know, we have no control over who fills them out, if they get to right address or if they are returned or thrown away. I feel if a person is to lazy to go vote they have no right to complain. they march into walmart everyday, if they can go there they can take an hour or so and go vote, if those in charge are really worried leave the polls open for 2-3 days to keep the crowds down, but make them vote in person!