In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Buyer is in CA, sold 30 Pmags, help

nic1ole4nic1ole4 Member Posts: 3
So selling bnib Pmags, 30 rounders. It was listed with info in details that they would not be shipped to states with round count restrictions. How do I proceed? 

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    Don't send them to CA, if there not legal in CA. No brainer. Very politely, tell the buyer this.
  • nic1ole4nic1ole4 Member Posts: 3
    rufe-snow said:
    Don't send them to CA, if there not legal in CA. No brainer. Very politely, tell the buyer this.
    That was my thought, but how does one cancel the sale after it has ended for this reason? So as it not negative on me for not sending? 
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    You don't have to cancel anything. The GB site has a process that covers this. It might take some time, but you will ultimately, get a refund of the money. Relist the magazines. Hopefully the next buyer, won't be a retard. 

If the buyer is a *, and leaves negative feedback. You can hopefully, get the GB site to delete it.  
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    But, you can't just go ahead & relist, if you want a refund of your GB fees.  You have to carefully follow the GB Non Paying Bidder procedure, which is very precise as far as dates & notices that you must send; if you miss a date, you are no longer eligible for a refund.  Figure the procedure will take you at least 30 days.  PRINT THE PROCEDURE & MARK DATES ON YOUR CALENDAR. 
    During the pandemic, NPB cases appear to have increased.  Bored deadbeats with nothing else to do but play games with other folks?  I don't know.  All we can do is report the offenders & hope that they leave us alone.
    Neal
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, the round limitation was overruled by (OMG) the 9th Circuit Court.  The CA limit on magazine capacity is now dead.  30 round mags are now legal in CA.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are gonna see a rash of them. I was expecting them to pop up last week buying like a starving cur. Like I was gonna before I got the whole story.
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I think there is still a hi cap ban in California due to some kind of crap I read early this morning. I am not going to spend any time looking for it cause I don't care what they do in California but I would not send a sharp stick there. There gun laws change every 15 minutes.
  • nic1ole4nic1ole4 Member Posts: 3
    bpost said:
    Wait, the round limitation was overruled by (OMG) the 9th Circuit Court.  The CA limit on magazine capacity is now dead.  30 round mags are now legal in CA.
    The court did, and the state put an injunction on it for review and appeal. Companies are not yet shipping to CA yet, because they have lawyers saying don't. Thus the reason for the post. 
    How does one cancel thier bid?   And sell to next highest bidder or remove the whole listing without the ability of an illegal buyer given bad feedback?  
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    There is no way to sell to the next highest bidder. That would invite shill bidding. You have a similar situation to this fellow, where the relisting, credit process and feedback process are explained:
    https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1894208/seller-credit-buyer-bought-illegality#latest

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

If I may humbly suggest - while stating you will ship to states were legal - and not ship to states were banned or prohibited...

Include a brief I will not ship to disputed zones inside Canada or the conus while unsettled or under appeal for my own safety and to maintain compliance with batfe rules and individual state laws.

Your hole card and your "out".

IMHO.

You have the right attitude and have rigidly maintained your stance - take a a knee and a breath and stop panicking or losing sleep.

You done good and done right and we applaud you.

Getting customer support and a refund of fees may take 6 months - may take more or less depending on covid QED the election outcome.

Seek inner peace and repost and resell and regain some funds.

Do not keep complaining to GB as it puts you at the back of the line as a new request.

We got your back.

You are okay.

Breathe...

Mike

This discussion has been closed.