In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jeep’s new $100,000+ Grand Wagoneer

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭

BOO. this is the concept but I think it’s kinda ugly and it’s a Fiat.

Comments

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    I be laughing.

I owned a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ.
    It was the most amazing 4WD I ever drove.  (When it was running).
    I called it my "Work on it all week so I can drive it on Saturday" vehicle.
    $100,000 you say?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap, for $100k you can buy a real car.  
    Why would anyone take a $100k car off pavement?  They won't?  Why would anyone take a $100k car out in horrible snow and ice conditions?  They won't?  So why make a $100k 4wd vehicle?
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Nanuq907 said:
    Why would anyone take a $100k car off pavement?  They won't?  Why would anyone take a $100k car out in horrible snow and ice conditions?  They won't?  So why make a $100k 4wd vehicle?
    To amaze your friends at the country club. I still am in shock from buying my Acadia at a little less than half that 2 years ago. It better last a loooong time. Bob
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Yep, loaded Suburban or Expeditions sticker upper 80’s. Loaded Navigator mid to upper 90’s . Loaded Escalade Or Range Rover sticker 100+.. Jeep/Fiat wants to get some of that business

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 72.5 acres and a nice little house for $80,000 in 2001.  I won't spend more on a car than my home and land.  That $100,000 vehicle will still wind up in a junk yard, my land will still be here.  My home, with the addition of more than 2X the space and several out buildings is now worth $250,000.   The jeep will lose over $30,000 in value within 30 months.  In ten years the repairs for the fancy gadgets will cost you $5,000 to fix.
    NO THANK YOU!!!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the jeeps will be sitting on dealers lots awhile
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭

This is how you convince people they got a deal when they buy one for 75k.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭
    And it has a Chrysler engine.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    hellcat under the hood??
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    JINO. Jeep In Name Only

I drive a ‘96 Land Rover that still works like new, and a ‘63 Land Rover with 410,000 miles that doesn’t even use oil. And they’ll off-road just fine. I think I’ll keep ‘em.

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost is spot on. Ugly, Ugly,Ugly. Fiat Chrysler will loose their shirt on this one. Still, what do us po boys know about marketing?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    the new millenials will buy em, they don't care if they keep up payments or not, drive em for a few months to show off to their friends and let the bank have em back.....
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    My first 4WD was a 1963 Wagoneer. OEM by Kaiser Motors.   Paid $250 in 1978 [ $993.49 IN 2020]. ... new tires cost more than vehicle ;)

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
    '63 Wagoneer ... nice.  The flatter the sides, the more it's designed for the offroad.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Shows how the value of a dollar has eroded, 300K or more for a house, 50K or more for a car, 100K in school debt, God help the younger generations
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    No kidding.  I tried a pay phone the other day and the lady cut in...  "Please deposit $5 for the next three minutes".
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    Nanuq907 said:
    No kidding.  I tried a pay phone the other day and the lady cut in...  "Please deposit $5 for the next three minutes".
    at least you still have them, can't find one around here, I don't carry a cell phone and if out and about there is no way I can make a call anymore.......
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Nanuq907 said:

So all the illegals / celbs in sun belt states, like LA/Hollywood,CA for example can show off ! ... and after all BLM too.
    I'll wager photographers are lining up to see who will be first to show up at the unemployment office with a 100K Jeep ! ... Really, you can't drive the Mercedes, every day !
    . :D>:):D
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    But, you can finance it forever. It's only the monthly payment that's important. 
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    This will go right along with the "are you upside down in your car payment"? Buy this car and get right side up. I don't see how anyone can fall for that line of thinking.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.