In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What do you think of this pistol caliber carbine?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I’m not in the market for one and don’t know much about PCC’s. 

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    Isn't that a SBR?
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    nope it has the brace on a pistol  price is right for the current times
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    mac10 said:
    nope it has the brace on a pistol  price is right for the current times
    Ok, I see now. After I enlarged the pics, I can see it's a brace. At first it looked like a collapsible stock. Yes, the price isn't bad yet. I have almost that much in my PSA 5.56 pistol, that I bought three years ago.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna go way up from $600 in current market.

I own two PCC's. One is a Marlin Camp 9, the other is a Kel-Tec Sub2K in .40cal.

Love them both.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's got Pica-tinny frame addons, so that's pretty cool...
    What kind of mags does it take?
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited September 2020
    I remember looking at those at the 2018 SHOT Show when they cost about $400, but show me any firearms currently selling for what they used to. 

It's all polymer, so you either lover plastic or it's an automatic dealer breaker. The barrel length is (I think) 7 inches, which is about the minimum for these little guys. If you want a 4 inch barrel "carbine/pistol" you might as well carry a conventional 9 mm handgun, which is a lot easier to handle. It uses Glock magazines, which is a huge plus as Colt Magazines are way expensive. I didn't care for the cheap plastic forearm at all, although it might be possible to switch it for a steel quad-rail. The big bugbear for me is the pistol brace which does not use a standard AR receiver extension...AKA "tube." The rear end cap on the receiver is proprietary, which means that you can't simply unscrew the castle nut and switch the brace/stock components around for those that you like better. The tube is short, so the LOP is equally short meaning that the pistol is not especially easy to shoulder...which you are not supposed to do in the first place  :D

I thought they were a decent buy at $400, but I'm less impressed at $600. Of course the current firearms situation is nothing like it was two years ago, so your mileage may vary. 
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

*Minor possible correction Mr. Christian-

ATF changed their stance and last I heard it was “legal” to shoulder a pistol brace.

Im not a PCC guy so they could have changed again in the last few years and I wouldn’t know. For what its worth- to be legal in USPSA it has to be a “rifle” to be USPSA legal.

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I've heard those are decent.
    You might go direct though and save a few bucks. Out of stock but worth finding out when they will have more.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Takedown PC 40 Ruger for the same money. Glock Mags
  • tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    I have one and it shoots great.  I purchased mine manufacture direct and with shipping and transfer fees it was a little over four and a half bills. 
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

A Mac 10 left me not liking carbon sprayed in my face. Do all direct blowback carbines spray carbon in the face of lefthanded shooters?

Captplaid said:

A Mac 10 left me not liking carbon sprayed in my face. Do all direct blowback carbines spray carbon in the face of lefthanded shooters?

I haven't noticed that with my Ruger or really any gun for that matter shooting left hand.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Have wanted one of those for awhile.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an AR9 "pistol" and can attest to the accuracy and handling advantages of such a package. The 10.5" barreled "house gun" is 29.5" long with the SB brace completely collapsed and a Torrent T9K suppressor mounted. If making another of these, I'd use a 7-7.5" barrel. I'm finding it difficult to keep even 147 grain bullets sub-sonic with the 10.5 barrel.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    Looked at many AR 9s and settled on the Keltec Sub 2000. Love it and it is super accurate up to 15 yard. 
    I have a KelTec Sub 2000 with the G19 magwell so it shares mags with my pistol.....I like it a lot.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    "Love it and it is super accurate up to 15 yard. "

Did you miss a zero in that range comment?
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    mohawk600 said:
    I have a KelTec Sub 2000 with the G19 magwell so it shares mags with my pistol.....I like it a lot.
    I went the Sub-2000 route also, but mine is in .40.  It's the shorter gripped version that can take G23 mags.   
    I mounted an Ultradot sight on it with QD mounts and a Grip Pod vertical foregrip. 
    It's surprisingly accurate well past 15 yards! ;)  
    I did have problems with it right out of the box.  It wouldn't feed or extract properly so I spent about 30 seconds working over the chamber with some polishing compound on a felt Dremel bit and now it runs flawlessly.  
    mohawk600 said:
    I went the Sub-2000 route also, but mine is in .40.  It's the shorter gripped version that can take G23 mags.   
    I mounted an Ultradot sight on it with QD mounts and a Grip Pod vertical foregrip. 
    It's surprisingly accurate well past 15 yards! ;)  
    I did have problems with it right out of the box.  It wouldn't feed or extract properly so I spent about 30 seconds working over the chamber with some polishing compound on a felt Dremel bit and now it runs flawlessly.  
    Nice............
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited September 2020
    I remain fond of the PSA 9 mm carbines/pistols: 

Both use Glock magazines and  are a lot of fun to shoot. "Pistols" can't use front grips (top), so a handstop (bottom) is the solution.
    Strike Industries Link handstops are excellent.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    PCC's are a lot of fun. I've got a Marlin Camp 9 and Camp 45 as well as Ruger .44 mag carbine (original model). My next one will be the 10mm one that the name escapes me at the moment. They are a bit niche for practicality, but as mentioned are fun to shoot.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.