In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can anyone tell me who made this?

MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
I'm trying to figure out who made this black powder revolver. Barrel is 8" and on the side says:
SM BLACK POWDER ONLY CAL .44 MADE IN ITALY

After some more research, it may be a Army San Marcos. I cannot confirm it anywhere and cannot find any documentation to identify it definitively.  It does not have the asm or other marking typical of them. It only has the SM on the barrel. Can any confirm that Army San Marcos used both designations? 

1860 Army Colt  replica with fluted cylinder. 1995 manufacture. Very smooth and solid action. 

Then the only other marks are on the frame and barrel under the trigger guard as pictured. 

Comments

• paper chaserpaper chaser Member Posts: 7
    I'm not too intelligent, actually I'm less than ignorant, when it comes to repo markings; but I did find this link; just right click
    the link and select Open in new tab; or whatever you choose.
    https://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/showthread.php?41509-Italian-Reproduction-Firearm-Markings
    SASS #54926
    Mississippi
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Hi Paper Chaser, Thanks for the input. And welcome to the forum.

I had done  more research, it may be a Army San Marcos. I cannot confirm it anywhere and cannot find any documentation to identify it definitively.  It does not have the asm or other marking typical of Army San Marcos,  it only has the SM on the barrel. 

1860 Army Colt  replica with fluted cylinder. 1995 manufacture. Very smooth and solid action. 

I just recently dug the 50 cal hawkin replica out and need to work on the set trigger and finish the assembly. 

What do you have for Black Powder  firearms?
  • paper chaserpaper chaser Member Posts: 7
    Main match: Pietta Great Western II, stainless, 5 1/2" barrel; 38 special; Rossi 92 38 special; Uberti 1866 and 1873 in 45 colt; also 1873 in 38 special; shotguns too numerous Stoeger; Stevens; and such
    Backups: Pietta Great Western California model; blued; 5 1/2" barrel; 38 special.
    Soon I'll be using a Cimarron 1860 R-Mason; blued; 8" barrel; 44 Colt (and will also shoot 44 Russian)

SASS #54926
    Mississippi
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. I bought my BP firearms back in the early 90's, shot them a little, then stuffed em in the closet.   Just recently pulled them back out and getting them ready to sell or shoot. Been gathering supplies to form bullets and make the powder.  Probably tear into the rifle, which is an Armi San Marcos.