In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

It Is Official: Summer Is Over

bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

I can't believe the hummers left without saying "Goodbye".

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Hummers are scarce and the Orioles left 2 weeks ago. Not even a wave goodbye. Bob
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    We've had hummingbirds around all summer. The nectar producing flowers are done and the birds must have headed south. We always enjoyed watching them while we were eating our meals.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭
    The massive wind storm we had this week sent the last of our local birds south, I'm sure. I saw one yesterday at a feeder - must have been a migrant passing through.
    Incidentally, do NOT fall for the old advice to take feeders down in order to "force them to migrate." Doing so makes them leave on an "empty tank" and they may not survive the trip. Leave a feeder up until day temps are near freezing to allow any local birds to store fuel and serve as a pit stop for migrators.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    so far saw just a TOTAL of two (2) monarch butterflys...long gone the years of everything being coated with their migrations north and south ?????? really miss it
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    so far saw just a TOTAL of two (2) monarch butterflys...long gone the years of everything being coated with their migrations north and south ?????? really miss it
    I am under orders to leave all milkweed plants alone! Judy is going to revive the Monarch population single handedly. I have seen more this year so others must be doing the same thing. Bob