In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another remake

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Looks like hollyweird is doing another remake of Dune.  I wonder what kind of BS woke garbage they will include in the story?

There is no original thought anymore.
RLTW

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Yosh probably kept requesting it until they gave in.

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    will be more mish mash of CG
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    DUNE, take two pail lunches and still go hungry. The "stars" I am done with and now the Oscars best picture must include all kind of things to be nominated it has become a liberal sinkhole of filth. 
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't take much be a better movie than the original Dune.
  • callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    drobs said:
    But this one doesn't have Sting.  Sting was the best part of the original!
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    They will never be able to put into a movie what you get out of reading the books.  
    That said, I'll probably go see it.  The trailer looked good, but then, that's what the trailer's supposed to do!
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    There is not really any new stories, just different times, technology and people.   Like someone here wrote, Star Wars is just a western set in the future.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    drobs said:

I liked the original.  It followed the book better than most movies do and it Had Sting in it ;)

I am a SciFi fan and I have read a lot of it.  I read Star Wars before it was a movie and liked it.  There are so many potential movies out there just waiting to be made I really don't understand why they would want to remake so many.  Like the Magnificent 7 why?  So Chris can be bl*ck?   Denzel did a good job but the remake wasn't even a patch on the original.

Now we have Dune...............Why?  Now if they are going to go on and do an original on the other books or even the ones Frank Herbert didn't publish and were written from his notes after his death I can see that.  I will probably see it but not in a theater nor will I rent it or buy the CD, I will get a used CD in a few years, I try not to give Hollyweird any money I don't have to.
    RLTW

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing.  Hollywood gets very little of my money.  1917 was the first movie I had seen in a theater in about 15 years and I only seen it because Rocky recommended it.  The only movies I buy are from thrift shops, goodwill yard sales or something, so no retail money from me.    I guess we can't blame them for making what the people that spend their wages are willing to pay for.
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    always wondered about sci fi movies....like the hobbit series that were written many years ago before computer effects, all the scenic interpretations from stories written so many years ago ...would the author sit thru a viewing and be stunned by the presentation and say "that's it, that's what i wrote " or groan  "oh holy crap, it's all  wrong"   ??????