In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9/11/01 ... Tomorrow Is Promised To No One

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
... and on the day, I did not raise my eyes to the sky, wring my hands and exclaim Why, Why, Why !
19 years ago, NOT 15

;)
It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

My father died on 9/10/01. I was driving from Florida to New York for his funeral on 9/11. I was just entering Atlanta on I-75 when the first plane hit and as I got to downtown Atlanta the second one hit. It’s hard to forget where and what you doing on certain special events in your life. I miss dad every day since then.

Dad was a B-17 navigator in the war.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    A friend and business associate had just been hired by the folks at the Marsh Insurance group.  The morning of 9-11 was to be his first day, starting their at their HQ- in the World Trade Center.  His body was never identified.  
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    A day and a reminder every day is precious, every day is a blessing. RIP all the true hero's of that day and the days after. God bless all the families who lost loved ones.