In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ready for some football!!

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
I know I am probably in the minority here.  I can enjoy the game without getting wrapped around the axle about the politics.  If I boycotted every single section of the world in which we lived based on politics I would be living in a cave with no modern conveniences.   I enjoy the comforts of modern living.

Athletes and actors with their posturing/pontificating have no impact on my beliefs or vote so I can watch and not be brainwashed.  My mind is stronger than that.  It is entertainment, nothing more.

So, with that, Go Chiefs!!!

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Yes, I love watching a great game...pro or college.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    I'm with you and I'm ready.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    You and my wife speak the same Susie.  That's her stand also.  Well said.  Enjoy the game.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll watch my Packers, but they're the only ones. It figures that this of all years DirecTV decides to gift me their NFL Sunday Ticket for being a long-time customer, huh?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK : 
    Would NOT watch this .b.s. if they payed me !!!
    Will watch arena football & college !
    Thanks !!!

The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather watch reruns of old Tarzan movies. 
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    Who wouldn't want to watch old Tarzan movies?????        :)
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    dreher said:
    Who wouldn't want to watch old Tarzan movies?????        :)
    old Jane.........
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    Well, the game tuned out to be a snoozer.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a long time NFL fan.  I can remember being a little kid and watching Johnny  Unitas on the black and white tv.  I love football.  I played high school football for 5 years and I was pretty good.   Two of my brothers got college scholarships, and Brother Jeff was captain of the Georgia Bulldogs.   We are a football family.

The NFL is destroying itself by bringing all these politics into the game.  I heard they played "The black national anthem" last night and displayed some kind of African flag.
    I just about laid off the NFL when that fool Kaepernick was kneeling before the games.  This BLM political crap going on last night, I will have nothing to do with it.   The NFL is losing millions of fans like me.
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Not me. I'm done with the overpaid, over hyped, over weight "heroes" that disrespect our country,  spend 3 hours playing a 1 hour game and cry for being so disadvantaged.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    truthful said:
    Not me. I'm done with the overpaid, over hyped, over weight "heroes" that disrespect our country,  spend 3 hours playing a 1 hour game and cry for being so disadvantaged.

It's worst than that. They spend 3 hours playing a game where the ball is actually only in play an average of 11 minutes per game.

https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/#:~:text=The%20NFL's%20popularity%20is%20all,to%20a%20mere%2011%20minutes.
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Then there's the NHL with 20 minutes of hard hitting, fast action for three periods each.  Teeth on the ice and blood on the boards, what's not to love?  I just about had a coronary when I saw several players kneel before the first game, but it seems to be toned way way down now.  Maybe it's the voodoo curse.
    Anyway, give it a watch.  The Tampa Bay Lightning are especially entertaining, those boys hit hard.  
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried...........what a disappointment. I think I am done now with the NFL.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy, in my opinion any support of these organizations is akin to saying I like saurkraut therefore I support hitler LOL Perhaps not but I will never watch a game or spend a dime on anything any of them support, My .02 Watching contributes to the financial well being of the clowns and I won't
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    The best part of football season is hunting!
    I am also a patriot and a veteran, no National Fellowship of Losers for me, or any of them that do not respect and support the flag and the greatest country in the world.
    God Bless America and its patriots.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    While I'm sure my not watching, or going to a stadium won't make any of these adult children go hungry, I'll be damned if I will contribute to their well being in any way. Pass
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    i live in the country and have an antenna in the attic...like to have one on top the house with the middle finger extended so when they count the viewers there is no mistake....bla  ck looters matter 
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife is the football fan in our house, I couldn't care less about it.  
    She made the statement the other day that it would be a cold day in hell before she allowed those (Insert profanity here) back in her house.  
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

Not a hardcore football fan but did enjoy watching the Seahawks play. Watched maybe 30 minutes total last year and probably will be that or less this year. They can kneel all they want but I don’t have to watch it. It’s nothing but virtue signaling and Pete Carroll is doing it big time today with the stupid shirt he is wearing.

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    just got in an flipped on NE-Miami game...missed start and wondered if there were any dual anthems or blm crapola around...camera shots are tight on the field and sideline with a snippet of empty stadium....now back to other agenda
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,826 ✭✭✭✭
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Never been a football fan in my life . That said , I am surely not about to start now

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    I’ve watched every Super Bowl up until they started kneeling. Spent many a Sunday with family and friends having a good time and eating good food while watching.
    Same with NASCAR. 
    I may watch some college but I’ll turn it off when they start kneeling and whining.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty much done with all sports on TV.  It is not that I don't like it its the message they are trying to send me.  I don't want to be bombarded with anti-American/BLM/ commie garbage.  I want to watch a football game.  Get out of my face with the politics.

I like watching F1 Racing but it is even getting stupid. 
    RLTW

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I watched a college game Saturday.  My brother is a big Ga. Tech fan.  He graduated from that school.
    Five years ago my brother helped build my log cabin addition.  He worked for free for 3 months.  My new room is 20 x 24 with a big tv in the corner, it is the best sports bar in the state.
    So my brother's reward for all that work, he gets to watch all Ga. Tech football games, for life, in my new log cabin. 
    Brother doesn't have a tv.
    If not for this I wouldn't watch any college football.

We watched the game on Saturday vs FSU.  They did have a total of about 3 minutes of BLM propaganda during the game.
    That alone would be enough to run me off of any more football this year but, I have that agreement with my brother.
  • scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭

Uh, no. Amazing how productive and happy I was yesterday because I wasn’t tied to the tv for 6 hours. My life just got better...thanks for making me an ex-fan.

The NHL is waiting for you.  How can you not love a sport where this stuff happens?

• badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Been watching football since the mid 70's and I just don't like what the game has evolved into along with the elevation of players greater than the team. Now throw in all the SJW stuff and it's a huge turnoff. I still love football (or the memory of what it was) and think it's one of the better sports to watch on TV.
    Hockey, on the other hand stinks on TV but is much more impressive in person. I love hockey too, but they are slipping down the same SJW slope with everything else these days. My ATF game is still the miracle on ice. Honorable mention to any game that Ron Hextall flipped out. 
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Nanuq907 said:
    The NHL is waiting for you.  How can you not love a sport where this stuff happens?
    Or this?!?!
    Dancing Kevin on Make a GIF
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.