In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Those who have been banned from here????

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
Are they able to view the forum, but don't have the ability to post, or do they have any access at all? I don't even know how to post pictures, so was wondering what happens to those who are sent to the island for misfit toys??

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    The forum will become "read only," the same as if you logged out. 

The Island of Misfit Toys? That give me an idea for a meme. 
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

This should be good...... :D
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

what toad said :)

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    But.........but......Ted Kennedy's car HAS killed more people than all of my guns combined...........lol
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭

i like it !

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited September 2020
    Toad, the Island Of Misfit Members is all your fault...which I why I gave you a promote. By the way, your one "abuse" came from a man who was a lair and a fraud. I'd remove it if I could, but I don't have that power. 
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    Love it.......,The island of Misfit Members......That should populate quickly!
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Could soon rival Australia in size.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited September 2020
    I bet the ran with scissors in kindergarten.
    edited September 2020
    Let me say right now, that in the case of Great Guns being banned for life (and beyond), Jimdeere was willing to accept half of the blame, even though he was completely blameless in the event. JD is a stand up guy. I respect him, and I'm glad to say it in the open forum. 
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
     JD is a stand up guy. 
    Absolutely!
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Toad, the Island Of Misfit Members is all your fault...which I why I gave you a promote. By the way, your one "abuse" came from a man who was a lair and a fraud. I'd remove it if I could, but I don't have that power. 
    I always wondered about that, but didn't care. It came from this thread, which I though was promoting the auction site..
    https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1888926/a-couple-of-22s-on-my-watch-list
    Mind saying who it was???
    Oh, and thanks for giving me all of the blame for the Island. All I did was build it, you populated it...... :D
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good picture of the rogues gallery but you didn't label who's who. Bob
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Great guns if you are looking at this, we can still talk Corvettes anytime just get with me on FB.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Great guns went kind of crazy at the end there. 

I missed what mike did but I can imagine. 

You know I joined this board because of a Moderator who later was booted.  I would read some of the posts and just shake my head that he could be a mod on a gun forum............I kind of miss him, his name was ECC. 

I have seen some real characters come and go here, in the old days when I was not a member but I would look at the forum there were some real crazy dudes and this place was wild.
    RLTW

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I agree Sam06. I read most everything posted here since about 2006. Did not join for a number of years. It was quite a bit more rambunctious back then.

I also missed what Mike did. You can go to page 2 (right now) look for the "banned" icon and read the thread. I did because I was curious what happened.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Back then, some argue an opposing view and have a lively discussion. Nowadays, they just start calling you names when they don’t agree.
  • firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    "Back then, some argue an opposing view and have a lively discussion. Nowadays, they just start calling you names when they don’t agree."
    Pretty much describes our society as a whole. 
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Calling someone a derogatory name is the last gasp of the lazy or uneducated. Bob

Right on dude!

RLTW

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Your catching up with Nunn on the bans.  :)
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    So from our group  of Deplorables, there are now misfits......Interesting...   :)
    edited September 2020
    chiefr said:

Your catching up with Nunn on the bans.  :)

You're flattering me.  :)  Back in the day, David would swing his ban hammer with both hands. Keep in mind that banning is more about the quality of the ban and not the number of bans, and David has bagged some Trophy Members! I'm sad to say that most of my bans have been easy pickings: first time members who came into the forum with auction support issues. Does anyone honestly believe that having a bad attitude and a chip the size of a telephone pole on your shoulder will get anyone to drop what they're doing to assist?  With those clowns, it was almost a "canned hunt": I knew going into the thread that I'd be leaving with something to show for my time. 

Getting back to Nunn. During my 18 years on GB, I can honestly say that I never saw David ban someone out of spite: all of the members David banned were guilty of some sort of rules infraction. David is a good man, and he is a fair man. I hope that I administer our forum in the same fair and just manner as David Nunn. 

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    You should have a wall with photos like on NCIS.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

I don't know if I believe anything the one posted.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on, lots of folks own 400 cars. 😂😂😂
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Mark - I have a question. I lurked here for many years before joining in a couple of years ago. I lurked to learn a few things and also got a few chuckles out of it but never had the time to really participate. In your experience do time-outs work or does it just delay the inevitable? Bob
    One or two week suspensions can work, but for the serious cases- repeat offenders who've been warned many times to change their attitude, time outs, as you said, merely postpones what we all know is coming.

This is why one member's two week time out became a permanent ban. He was just too much trouble and the staff didn't want him back. 
This discussion has been closed.