In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Crazy Left in Virginia

4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
My good friend and neighbor at my house in Virginia informed me that Va. House of Delegates passed a bill to remove qualified immunity for LEO's. As i understand it they want to reduce assault on LEO to misdemeanor from felony. These people are crazy. Blue Lives Matter too. Have not seen a word from Shilowar in ages. Hope he is still hanging in there.

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Again.  If an assault doesn't reach felony level if the action is against a non LEO then it also should not reach the level of a felony if the assault is against a LEO.  No one is more important than anyone else.   
    Qualified immunity is not a simple subject.   It exist on the federal level and differently on state levels.   A blanket statement for or against is not something a can make.   
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-qualified-immunity-and-what-does-it-have-do-police-reform

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    My good friend and neighbor at my house in Virginia informed me that Va. House of Delegates passed a bill to remove qualified immunity for LEO's. As i understand it they want to reduce assault on LEO to misdemeanor from felony. These people are crazy. Blue Lives Matter too. Have not seen a word from Shilowar in ages. Hope he is still hanging in there.
    OK, I find it totally amazing crap like this is even being considered in America let alone passing in a state senate, but then again DEMOCRATs have taken over Virginia.  This is representative of who these people are. 

Assault is Assault no matter whom the victim is. If the GOVERNMENT is powerful enough to issue such decrees to minimizing punishment for violence against said groups of people, then GOVERNMENT can do anything to include.  urinating away your Bill of Rights. 

Similar behavior happened in Germany back in 1938 and in Russia in 1917.
    Good to live in a state with very few DEMOCRATs.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited September 2020
    Ray, I think the Democratic State senate killed the bill.
    chiefr said:

Assault is Assault no matter whom the victim is. I

Correct.  So why should it carry more penalty if it is committed against a LEO than is does if it is committed against me or you?  That's the point, not that it should not be punished but rather why should punishment be more.  This issue isn't about making punishment less, it's about unjustly making it more.   One man is no more important than another, at least that's the way it's supposed to be in America.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    SCOUT5 said:
    chiefr said:

Assault is Assault no matter whom the victim is. I

Correct.  So why should it carry more penalty if it is committed against a LEO than is does if it is committed against me or you?  That's the point, not that it should not be punished but rather why should punishment be more.  This issue isn't about making punishment less, it's about unjustly making it more.   One man is no more important than another, at least that's the way it's supposed to be in America.
    Your right, its discrimination in its worse form.
    Its the hypocrisy of these DEMOCRAT loons that tick me off. These same DEMOCRATs preach to all of us the purpose of government is provide equal opportunity and end discrimination. However, with these people it is OK to discriminate as long as it advances their political agenda.

What makes DEMOCRATs take such bold risks is because main stream media defend them, covers for them, or fails to report.   
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the charge should be the same if crime committed against non-LEO or LEO. But why would you reduce charge just because LEO was involved. Am I reading this wrong? Jimdeere hope you are correct. This feels to me like feel good legislation by dummycrats in House of Delegates.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Shilowar is still down in SW Virginia?------------------Ray