Grilling Baby- (Jinxed myself, Grill problem.)

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 16 in General Discussion

4 nice hamburgers brushed with Worcestershire, Kikkoman Soy sauce and olive oil. A large halved Yellow squash, two russet potaoes, some sweet corn.....................

Veggies brushed with an EVOO, salt/pepper blend. Burgers brushed with a whisked blend of EVOO, Worcestershire, Kikkoman Soy sauce, salt/pepper and some cajun spice.

Mmnnn...........Mmnnn..............

Extreme NE TN/W NC ya'll. 😁

Comments

• Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    You're grilling a baby????
    I love grilling babies, they're delicious!
    What kind of baby?  Was it a wether baby??...they're more tender.
    >:)
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭
    I just went to a mexican joint and had lunch.  2 real tacos and some elote washed down with a Modelo.

Yuuummmmmmmmm

Now I am going to change my oil and yes I am using Mobil 1 Synthetic.
    RLTW

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭✭

Saw that coming, as i was typing it. We think alike Bro. 🙄

Totally jinxed myself by posting. After running about 10 minutes (pre-heat) grill went out with a poof. Figured it was a low/empty tank. Switched out to another tank that had had about a 1/3rd left. (Thought it was strange because the tank I was removing felt about the same.) Grill fired right up. Went inside to do some prep. Came back out, grill was out again. Could not get it to fire up. Can not hear a hiss for gas when turned to high to light. Tried it again this AM.

Had to finish up inside. (Bummer.)

Thoughts on getting it running again?

Very tempting, and I have considered it many times. Charcoal is a pain in the butt, especially in the winter time. (I will give you it gives superior results.) Cooking/grilling primarily for one, (myself) makes it more onerous.

I am thinking removing the feed tube and running a super fine wire down the jet/orifice might work.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly a bad regulator.  

I've been out there yelling "Regulators, let's ride!" Several times. Nothing. 🤔

• montanajoemontanajoe Member, Moderator Posts: 50,888 ******
    Possibly a bad regulator.  
    This

Can a regulator be purchased seperately? (Or) Am I looking to buy the complete hose set up from tank to burner?

• Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16
    Try this first.  I had a grill which would do the exact same thing.  I learned this trick from another grill expert at a grill specialty store.
    Light the grill.  Wait for it to go out.  Shut the gas off all the way.  Once the gas is off turn every burner on the grill "on" to the highest setting.  Make sure if you have a side burner, or rotisserie burner, to turn those on to full also.  Wait about 5 minutes with the burners "on".  Turn all the burners back "off".  Then turn the gas back on, and try lighting your grill again, one burner at a time.
    This little tip worked like magic for me.  It has something to do with gas, or air, or something getting somewhere in the regulator which causes it to act all wonky.  I'd wind up having to do this about once a year with my grill and it would be fine after that.
    ETA - How were the babies?  Tasty lil' things, ain't they?
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭
    People best keep their kids out of the mountains of East Tennessee 'cause you never know what might be lurking behind the next tree up the trail.   :#
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 21,790 ✭✭✭
    Use Kingsford Charcoal and you won't need to marinate your burgers.
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

I do the lump charcoal in a ceramic grill. Use it all year. I throw a good sized chunk of maple or cherry in for smoke.

What doesn’t burn slowly turns to charcoal itself as you can seal it up fairly well to help preserve the charcoal when you’re done cooking.

Gas is faster from lighting to grilling, but I can run this from about 225 degrees and load it up for a 10 hour slow cook on a pork butt or crank it to about 700 to sear a steak. Just have to be light it about 20 minutes before I want to start cooking.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited September 17

I thought about this. Wrap that baby in a bacon diaper.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    People best keep their kids out of the mountains of East Tennessee 'cause you never know what might be lurking behind the next tree up the trail.   :#
    They'uns eat they'uns up in them hollers..........
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭
    Start at the orifice & work your way back.  Some critters like to build their nest inside the hose or any exposed opening.
    Neal
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    Got tired of those little @#$%^& tanks & hooked my grill up to the 500 pounder. It's evident we grill a lot as we go thru twice as much propane as before. AL