In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Influx from Northern States

bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
Last nights local news, said that  more people from the northern  states are moving to Florida. Reason is that cost of living and cost of homes are cheaper here. Wait till these people find that wages are a lot less also.  I wish them good luck... 

Comments

• Options
    Silver Star 5301Silver Star 5301 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    when you meet one, say REMEMBER WHY YOU LEFT! Don’t vote your stupid history.  You are a guest here. 
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    In Texas we get the Kalifornia refugees.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I have to admit that when I arrived and my neighbors saw the California plates on my car there was suspicion. When the movers delivered my guns safes and I immediately joined the Community Action Team, which is comprised of like minded neighbors who all own guns and want to keep our little community safe, I was greeted with open arms. Of course my having a full bar in my home and my being happy to host our meetings hasn't hurt.  B)
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    No offense meant to you Mark........but you are not like most from that state......... ;)
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    mohawk600 said:
    No offense meant to you Mark........but you are not like most from that state......... ;)
    No offense taken. In fact I consider that to be quite a compliment. 

I relocated to Florida for many of the same reasons that bs223jl stated: low cost of living, lower cost housing, and no state income tax. Although I do miss a few things about CA, it is no longer the state that I grew up in. In fact, I hardly recognize CA to the point that I no longer fit in. The move was inevitable. 
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭

My neighborhood has changed from solid red to solid blue in the last 15 years from the northern invasion.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭

We have been dealing with the carpetbaggers since 1865 ! Whole areas of the state have been rendered uninhabitable by civilized folks , think Asheville , Cary , chapel hill etc . Even my hometown , Goldsboro has its problems with air force retirees, wanting to tell we natives “ we did it this way in ( insert yankee town name )

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    MMy artwork defiantly boosted my standing with the southern "natives." 

Wow...those are poor quality photos. They didn't look that bad in the screen of my phone! 
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

How do you think we wound up with Murkowski as our senator?

It’s painful even to type that sentence. Liberal transplants from California, Oregon and Washington did that to us, and to all of you.

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that when I arrived and my neighbors saw the California plates on my car there was suspicion. When the movers delivered my guns safes and I immediately joined the Community Action Team, which is comprised of like minded neighbors who all own guns and want to keep our little community safe, I was greeted with open arms. Of course my having a full bar in my home and my being happy to host our meetings hasn't hurt.  B)
    You need this bumper sticker:

I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Was chatting with my Step Dad the other day. He was telling me I should move to Florida - no state income taxes.
    He has had a condo in Florida for the last 30 years that he snowbirds to from Chicago.
  • Options
    Damn, Mark!  There's a few fine drops there in your cases.  I can see why you're popular amongst your neighbors!
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    NYC has made a massive contribution to the blue shift in Florida.  My brother has to deal with it all the time.
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

You southeastern types should stop referring to "northern states" and list the states you have a problem with.

I'm from a true northern state and many of my fellow states like ND, SD, MT, WY, ID are all far more conservative than Florida or many of the other South East states.

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    MMy artwork defiantly boosted my standing with the southern "natives." 

Wow...those are poor quality photos. They didn't look that bad in the screen of my phone! 
    No doubt, Mark!  No doubt atall!!! Love it!!!
    What's next?
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Primarily the States that were significant in the War of Northern Aggression. The States that you listed do not fall amongst that category. You get a pass.

This time.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Wonder where mark cut and pasted those photos?  :o  :# HEY it's an inside joke.  Green everywhere.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder where mark cut and pasted those photos?  :o  :# HEY it's an inside joke.  Green everywhere.
    Hah, that's funny.... :D
  • Options
    XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    Moved to Fl. from upstate NY 4 yrs. ago.  Rep. almost lost the elections then. Now we have more Dem. from NY, NJ, Mass, Conn and other liberal states that want to make this place like the one they left. Heaven forbid if it happens this year. Had a gun shop in NY. Could not handle the gun laws any longer. 
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm an old man and have lived in northwestern corner of SC and western NC all of my life.I have never seen growth and population explosion like in the last 3 years.I don't know where they are coming from,but the bad is traffic around the bigger towns is a nightmare.The good is they must have brought their money with them  because the economy is booming and price of real estate is through the roof.My daughter in law sell residential real estate and tells me any home under $250,000 will not last a day on the market.
  • Options
    Hey we weren't even a state when the bluehairs started flocking to Florida.  Do we get a pass too?
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    buddyb said:
    I'm an old man and have lived in northwestern corner of SC and western NC all of my life.I have never seen growth and population explosion like in the last 3 years.I don't know where they are coming from,but the bad is traffic around the bigger towns is a nightmare.The good is they must have brought their money with them  because the economy is booming and price of real estate is through the roof.My daughter in law sell residential real estate and tells me any home under $250,000 will not last a day on the market.
     :)  There's more than one way to skin a cat!  :D;)
    What's next?
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I like your pictures but where are your windows ? Nevermind, it just hit me ...Condo

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/1894780/influx-from-northern-states#latest

Here. Don
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    We have CA refugees here and they are all hardcore conservatives and gun owners. That is why they left.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

You southeastern types should stop referring to "northern states" and list the states you have a problem with.

I'm from a true northern state and many of my fellow states like ND, SD, MT, WY, ID are all far more conservative than Florida or many of the other South East states.

I refer to the northern states that I have a problem with which would be the ones that came down here and burned our houses and raped our women because they wanted our tax money and didn't like it when we decided not to pay it. Is your state one of those states? If so I have a big a s s problem with it!! And if you don't like it then stay the hell away.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

Wowsers , my state wasn't even a state until 25 years after the war you are still fighting ended.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    shootuadeal said:
    Wowsers , my state wasn't even a state until 25 years after the war you are still fighting ended.
    Hah!  I'm older than my state.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭

I would dearly love to see more people like you move here,.....unfortunately your type is not what we usually get. It's becoming old to me actually, I may move again before I die.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner