In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    No reserve. Is this the same as a penny auction? Support says i don't have to sell in the end? 
    Me thinks the hammer is coming.---------------------------Ray
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    "When I realized my mistake I contacted Support and they said I didn't have to sell in the end if the amount was insufficient. "

Seriously, GB Support told the seller that he didn't have to honor the auction if it didn't end as high as he wanted it to?????? Seller mistake or not; wow, just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    It was in all probability an honest mistake BUT, that's how we learn :#
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still looking for the pistol grip on it.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    While I hope he does well that BT has been rode hard. He doesn't mention the modification made to the rib. Bob
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    He can stop the auction. Then contact support and re run . Auction has just began... same bidder will be on it if they want it.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    "When I realized my mistake I contacted Support and they said I didn't have to sell in the end if the amount was insufficient."

He actually got ahold of, and got a response from, GB Customer service within what appears to be four days? I'm impressed.

I thought it but I'm really glad it was you that said it that makes it so much funnier

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least he says he'll take Paypal.  
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    It would seem he is not a gentleman and likely unable to tell the truth.......
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO the current bid is more than I would give for it.
    It is on my watch list just so I can see how it turns out. Ought to be interesting. Bob
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭

I really have doubts GB told him "he doesn't have to sell it".

They probably told him if he refuses to complete the auction the buyer can leave bad feedback and he somehow took that as permission.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    TOTAL BS and everyone here knows it.  Another clown in the auctions.,,,just my opinion. The "seller" is a joke.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

William81 nailed it.

"It would seem he is not a gentleman"...

Exactly!

That is how I try to deal with people - as a gentleman....and I expect the same.

A little voice tells me to avoid this guy.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Well first of all the gun would need some work before most folks could shoot it. And how do you remove the dollar and repair the hole?? And if he doesn't get enough money then you can't buy it?? Yea right.
    Well first of all the gun would need some work before most folks could shoot it. And how do you remove the dollar and repair the hole?? And if he doesn't get enough money then you can't buy it?? Yea right.
    +1, And I will bet this auction is on a lot of watch list now.------------------Ray
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Well then, I guess the Buyer doesn't need to follow through if he feels he paid too much for it. (?) Those seem to be the rules he wants to play by.

Works both ways right?

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    If he's smart, he will just cancel the auction right now.  The high bidder has several bad FB reports, so he isn't going to complain about anyone breaking the rules.
    Neal
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a cut & paste of GB'ers response to him saying that, if true many sellers on here will start claiming that......then it will be like "the barn door being opened up" .

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

nmyers said:
    If he's smart, he will just cancel the auction right now.  The high bidder has several bad FB reports, so he isn't going to complain about anyone breaking the rules.
    Neal
    Yep, High bidder is bad news on selling and buying side.-------------Ray
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the coin date and series it could be worth up to $35 for a wide rim 1979 coin.

The gun is rough and needs a cleaning.
    RLTW

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Seller is whining on another popular gun forum. He’s getting raked over the coals.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    Yep, High bidder is bad news on selling and buying side.-------------Ray
    But amazingly he still has an 'A' rating. I wouldn't have anything to do with the guy.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Of all the coins in existence, I'd sure like to know why a Susan B Anthony was picked by a 6' 6" man ???... very strange I'd say.  Maybe I'll put a Ginsburg inlaid in my stock when they come out with her shinny new penny  :D

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
     "I've sold dozens of guns here over the years without error."
    JeffOYB A(14)
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    The poor mods done to that gun are a shame. I would never even bid on it.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    mohawk600 said:
    The poor mods done to that gun are a shame. I would never even bid on it.
    That was my thought.  I would have to get it cheap enough to want to put the time into making usable.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    How much is a new stock for a BT-99?  I didn't see one on the auction side.  
    How much is a new stock for a BT-99?  I didn't see one on the auction side.  
    Unfinished and no checkering about $150. Standard factory replacement about $350. These $ are buttstock only.
    Of course then I would have to get rid of the add on rib and repair any damage from that. Refinish the receiver to get rid of what he says is rust. Glad I already have both a BT99 and BT100 so I don't need a project gun. Bob
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

20 hours to go, hasn't broken $600.

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    But, he reversed himself when he said: "I'm willing to sell it for somewhat less than my Buy It Now amount."
    The final value IS somewhat less than his "Buy It Now amount". :D

I get it. Probably was an honest mistake. When they changed the shipping fee setup a while back, I had to eat shipping a Desert Eagle from private party (to the tune of ~$120). Why? In my description it said "seller pays flat fee of xx" but apparently there was a new check box at the top that wasn't there when I previously sold so it appeared it was free shipping. I took my lumps, learned from it, and moved on. I retained my good feedback, buyer was happy, etc.
    As a buy, I have had sellers ask me to split shipping, etc before. It is all in how it comes up whether I will do so.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    mogley98 said:
    "When I realized my mistake I contacted Support and they said I didn't have to sell in the end if the amount was insufficient."

He actually got ahold of, and got a response from, GB Customer service within what appears to be four days? I'm impressed.

I thought it but I'm really glad it was you that said it that makes it so much funnier

How can you say a thing like that? Aren't you aware that Nunn and I have been systematically removing all fun from the forums?

Be that as it may, I'm not going to state that the seller in fibbing about his message from support, but how many clowns have we seen coming into the forum and screaming bloody murder (and getting themselves banned) because GB Customer Service hasn't responded to their support issues after three or four (or more) weeks? 

Maybe this seller has that secret GB customer service phone number that I've been accused of withholding? If he has that phone number, he could make a lot more selling it than he could make on that Browning!

How do I promote this comment?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    SOLD!!!!  $621
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hhmmnn.........................2/3rds of his BIN. Will be interesting to see what he does here.