In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just messing around

badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

...on the new forums trying to get used to them.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

That's a fish out of water

• Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

When I was a kid, I pan fished all year round. Had plenty of public places to go and land owners were much more likely to allow us kids to use their private ponds. I stopped fishing about 20 years ago, not for any reason but just kind of lost time & interest in it. This past year I started up again and had forgotten how much I miss pulling in a big, fat bluegill with my ultralight rod & reel. Top water lures are my favorite for bass, love when they jump out of the water on the first strike. I'm 2 miles from the shores of Lake Erie and have a handful of friends that would gladly take me out on their boats for walleye, perch, etc but give me a pond or a shallow river I can wade through and I'm happy as a dog with 2 tails 😎.

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    jimbo1096jimbo1096 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    down here it's hard to find a quiet place were it isn't on posted land. W
    "When I was a kid" there were all kinds of open places to shoot and fish. 
    Now there are plenty of lakes if you have a boat, but I miss the creek fishing and crow shooting,  there is a big concrete parking lot and shopping strip mall there now and a set of apartment buildings where I walked with friends down in the bottoms, 55 years ago.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
     :) 
    What's next?