In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trump Presidential Desert Eagle 50AE total production number?

john.41john.41 Member Posts: 10
Anyone have info from Davidsons about total production numbers? They won't respond to my question.
Outlaw Ordnance was no help either. Is it a secret?

Comments

• john.41john.41 Member Posts: 10
    I own #024, just like to know how many more they are making.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try a new Blue Book of Gun Values for more info. They often have the variations, and numbers made in them. I don't have a current one..
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    It's in their interest to play coy.  The uncertainly tends to make potential buyers think that they better buy quickly before the supply runs out.
    Davidson's sells a HUGE number of guns; they know the business.  Based on experience the owner probably figured that he could sell no more than 150 of them.  But, he's not going to pay for 150 of them unless he has the orders.  If he can only sell 50, that's the end of the run.  If he sells all 150 & he's still getting orders, he can start the "2nd edition - 1 of 150".  It's called "marketing".
    Neal
    The BB will be of no help, since they were only taking orders at this years SHOT show.

Kinda what I figured..... but I see dealers advertising them as "1 of 150". Just wondering where they came up with that?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    maybe that specific dealer only got 150..?
    Never thought of that....but more than one dealer claimed this.