In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Non-paying bidders; Is This a Movement?

bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General Discussion

Several threads here at one time about what sounds like an excessive number of non-paying bidders got me to thinking (character flaw on my part).

If this is an excessive number what is behind it, if anything?

Could it be organized?

We know anti-gunners ( as well as all the others on the list below) are capable of anything.

Dems?

Antifa?

BLM?

Soros?

Muslims?

Russians?

Chinese?

Chinese-Russians?

Chinese-Russian-Muslims?

And what can sellers do at this point?

Set a feedback rating threshold?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"

Comments

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I think its simply the influx of new bidders/users that were driven here by the lack of availability at their local places and simply not knowing how to follow through.

I do not think there is anything nefarious going on.

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    It is colloquailly known, as swating. Folks who are anonymous, causing you problems any way that they can. Most of them are   Dem/antifa types. As far as I'm concerned. 
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken GB does a fairly thorough job of preventing just anyone from signing up to bid, I think you have to present a active credit card and be vetted by a real address and telephone etc. That said I doubt any collusion is going on perhaps as noted people haven't read the rules

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    I BELIEVE there is some type of consorted effort and also a combination of newbs. Just to many to not be. I have no idea how many non payers there have been in the last three months but I am in the trifecta portion and I don't sell that much.
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be a real shame to share their info with the Jehovah's, or some weird magazine huh......
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    I usually doubt conspiracy theories, but I can't believe that the large number of bogus sales are simply due to bored teenage boys having fun.  I think that it's a small group of leftists, fed lies (& money) by the Internet Research Agency in St Petersburg, Russia.  As Comrade Putin said, they just want to stir up discontent  in the US  electoral process, they really don't care who wins or loses.  Just ignore the punks, they will soon tire of this game.
    Neal
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭

I think its simply the influx of new bidders/users that were driven here by the lack of availability at their local places and simply not knowing how to follow through.

I do not think there is anything nefarious going on.

I think really it is exactly this ^^^

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    Honor and integrity are foreign concepts to many people.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    I know few who sell here on GB but one did say he never had NPB problems until recently and with NRs.
    GB took care of things. 
  • twothreefivetwothreefive Member Posts: 18
    Currently have 8 non-paying bidders who have opened up disputes and have said in messages they are not going to pay.  4 of these users have had their accounts suspended yet I still do not have a credit up to 6 weeks later and no response from gunbroker on how long it will take.  Maybe I need to go gold?
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Currently have 8 non-paying bidders who have opened up disputes and have said in messages they are not going to pay.  4 of these users have had their accounts suspended yet I still do not have a credit up to 6 weeks later and no response from gunbroker on how long it will take.  Maybe I need to go gold?
    Gold doesn't help with anything like that. For about $50/year, you get a small credit to the gunbroker store, and a gold "G" next to your name....IMO, not worth it..
  • twothreefivetwothreefive Member Posts: 18
    toad67 said:
    Gold doesn't help with anything like that. For about $50/year, you get a small credit to the gunbroker store, and a gold "G" next to your name....IMO, not worth it..
    So the waiting game goes on...  Thanks for saving me $50!
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I've got one who, after 14 days, hasn't made any attempt at contact. He has ignored all of my emails, the three payment reminders, and he has never acknowledge my phone messages. Rather than dragging it out, if you're not going to pay, just say so. The results will be the same: he gets an F, I relist the pistol, and then I get into line to have my fees refunded. 
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got one who, after 14 days, hasn't made any attempt at contact. He has ignored all of my emails, the three payment reminders, and he has never acknowledge my phone messages. Rather than dragging it out, if you're not going to pay, just say so. The results will be the same: he gets an F, I relist the pistol, and then I get into line to have my fees refunded. 
    That's the "new normal" Mark, my gosh as much as you get about you should know. I am ONLY half joking. Nitwits have no moral compass and basically useless people.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    gb has taken care of my problems pretty good
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Just left an F for a NPB .. relisted.