In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Do I stop a NR bidder from bidding on my item?

44mag444mag4 Member Posts: 47
I hope this is the proper place to obtain this info. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a answer to this question.  If this is the improper site for it please remove. I will understand. I have had some NR buyers bid on and win items I have listed. Then, they do not pay and it is a problem for both management and myself to get things settled. How can I , after they have bid, eliminate their bid? Appreciate any info you have. Thanks

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Click on your name in top right corner. Then Toolbox. Then Listing Tools. Then Blocked Bidder List. This will only work for individual bidders, not NR bidders as a group.  
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    2 months ago I watched a GB auction of a Colt 1911A1 that sold for $3,900 to a NR bidder; a week later, the seller received payment.  The seller would have lost of lot of money if he had been able to refuse the bid.
    Neal
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to our world
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    We all started out as NR bidders. The most sure way to avoid NR bidders is to not list anything for sale.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    Do as Ricci says and it does work. You can block AFTER they bid on your auction also in the EDIT AUCTION left corner in the box there last line will say "block bidder xxxx"
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭✭

The NR bidders can be a pain in the butt but they are also the ones paying way higher than normal for guns so as a seller I welcome them.

We have had our best year ever here on Gunbroker, sure it comes with a few NPBers but in the end it is good for everyone selling.

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    We all started out as NR. You might put a note at the very front of the auction that says something along the line of "NR bidders MUST contact me prior to bidding". If they don't, then block their bid. If they do, you can correspond a couple of times to make sure they know the process and make sure it is legal, etc.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Robin PRobin P Member Posts: 1

This is EXTREMELY annoying! I listed 3 items for sale a few weeks ago, 2 of them sold just fine. On the 3rd one I was unable to keep this clown from bidding even though he had feedback from 1 auction before and received an F as a NPB. The re-listing just ended and this time it went to a guy that I can almost guarantee won’t pay either as he just opened an account on GB today, from his question about payment after the auction ended he dint read anything that I’d written in the description, and he bought a Glock 19X while living in NJ! So a few days from now I’ll be stick re-listing this gun yet another time.

GB MUST do a better job! I’ve been buying and selling on here for years as a private citizen and I’ve never had issues like this before. I’m not asking GB to step in and play nanny state with every auction, but when I sell a gun or anything else on here I need the tools to be able to turn away deadbeats before an auction closes and I’m stuck with yet another NPB.

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

What would you suggest ??

• KChiefKChief Member Posts: 1

I think GB does all they can. I purchased ammo a week ago. Seller emails me and informs me it was not brass as listed after the fact.

Honest mistake. I declined his offer of a discount so he canceled the order. GB contacted me and asked why I did not follow thru with the purchase and to inform me that placing bids and not following thru (paying) can get me banned from bidding. I had to explain the specifics.

This discussion has been closed.