In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help with value of a 30", 12 ga dbl. barrel Springfield, Mfg. by Sevens Arms

asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
Ser # E47310 (1930's?) has an after market pad on it :(.  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean Stevens? If so they were marked J. Stevens Arms until the late 40s. Most of their shotguns don't have much in the way of collector values. An average condition 311 or predecessor might bring $300 or so. Bob
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    just sold a nice springfield 20g for 325
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    Do you mean Stevens? If so they were marked J. Stevens Arms until the late 40s. Most of their shotguns don't have much in the way of collector values. An average condition 311 or predecessor might bring $300 or so. Bob

Very true. I've seen nice looking old Double barrel Stevens shotguns and look at the price in Blue Book and really surprised at the low figures. Know couple guys (ranchers) that just use them a truck guns/snake guns due to low collector values.

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Both Stevens and Springfield, are trade names used by Savage. On utility grade guns, meant to be sold by local hardware and big box stores. Nothing wrong with them at all. Just that they weren't meant  to be sold, or valued for a lot of money.

That said. With all the bad poop that is happening in the world, and this country at this point in time. I wouldn't be at all surprised, that a plan vanilla Springfield double gun. If functional, and in at least VG condition? Would realize at least $ 500, from a suitably motivated individual. And every day there are more of these folks, who have realized the potential for really bad stuff happening. And they want to get their hands on any kind of gun, that is available to protect there families and property.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    i took a springfield 12 ad cut to 18.5  adds some more value