In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammunition -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of Folk, not only wishing they had bought Firearms long before now, (But) finding out Ammunition is not to be had.

Plan ahead.

Well ahead.

Comments

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

As a lot of People are finding out, being well behind the curve, is not a good place to be.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Man you are like the Buda with all that wise advice.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭

Fool me once. Shame on you.

Fool me twice. You can’t get fooled again.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    KK, I deleted your duplicate thread.

Thank you Mark. I did not realize it went through twice. Really bad reception leads me to believe nothing is happening, (as per my Tablet) then Bam.

Sorry.

A lot of people are getting a real Education, about now.

Sorry Ricci. Must be all the Radioactive stuff flowing through my veins about now.

Nuclear Stress Test this AM.

Walk, Jog, Run on an inclined treadmill, until you feel like your heart is about to explode.

"How are you feeling? Can you keep going, faster, steeper incline?"

What?

No it's Buda, Buda Smith who lives over in Snake Liver. He's a pretty good guy but not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.

• gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

They must not have been around in 2008. I have enough .22s for example to last not only for my lifetime but also for my sons.
    My problem is what to do with my stockpile as I am selling off most of my guns & it is not legal for me to sell my ammo here in the DPRK. (Demokratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia.}
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    gruntled2 said:

They must not have been around in 2008. I have enough .22s for example to last not only for my lifetime but also for my sons.
    My problem is what to do with my stockpile as I am selling off most of my guns & it is not legal for me to sell my ammo here in the DPRK. (Demokratik People's Republik of Kommiefornia.}

Sounds like a give away!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Gruntled2, Ammunition restrictions are biting people in the back side about now.

Check out the "I live in MA. & cannot buy ammunition," thread.

Anyone paying attention, saw this coming years ago.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Ran across some 10mm in a store today. I left 3 boxes for someone... but bought the rest.  Had buckshot at a very reasonable price
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me that people try to stockpile in the middle of a shortage when the prices are greatly inflated. I had a decent amount before the last shortage so didn't pay those inflated prices then. When the craziness abated I replaced what I had used at normal or in some cases below normal prices. I could use a few more 17HMR but can wait for the right price. The only ones I feel sorry for are those first time gun buyers or someone buying a gun in a caliber that is new to them. This too shall pass but I'll be O.K. for quite a few years if it takes a while to return to a semblance of normalcy. Bob

Last 7+ years, Buddy's and I would go to Gun Shows. They would be buying the newest greatest Firearm. I would be adding to my ammunition collection. I would always get, "What do you need so much ammunition for? What do you think is going to happen?"

Saw this coming a long time ago.

Priorities folks. Priorities.

edited October 2020

Who is the Spineless twit, who keeps throwing "Disagree's," on my posts?

Care to stand up, or do you prefer to remain anonymous?

What did I say in my first two posts, do you specifically "disagree" with? (If you care to share, and put your name behind it.)

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Punching disagree is the lazy way out for some I guess. Soooo much easier than typing a few words and it is anonymous. 

You can look at it in a positive way though - you still need one more to catch up to me.😀 Bob
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

This is one of the hard learned lessons I learn back in the 90s. Thanks for the education Bill!

• varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    never forget the Law of the 6 P's  Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a suggestion for a solution or is this merely an observation?

Iceracerx- this was merely an observation that becomes a lesson, for those that care to learn from it.

KenK84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭✭

5:39PM edited 5:46PM

I choose to remain amphibious. Seriously, I can screw with your posts???? COOOL!!!!

• chmechme Member Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭
    There are times that it is to your advantage to be the oddball that shoots stuff like 7,5x55 Swiss....and nobody else is shooting it!
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    I have enough to last and don't really need much more.........so when I see ammo for sale, I tell them that I am not paying pandemic prices............if you need to sell, I will give you pre-pandemic prices + %15 for your trouble and face to face...........no takers so far.......roflmao
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    I can still get steel cased Monarch spam cans of 7.62x39..........520 rds for $150 at Academy..............people trying to sell them online way above that. 
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

What did I say in my first two posts, do you specifically "disagree" with? (If you care to share, and put your name behind it.)

Mentioned to you once before if you put the cursor over the disagree icon it will say who clicked it. I think I will start hitting it just to bug you. ;)
    Edit; guess it just shows that on the like icon. Apparently I'm an idiot. Thought is showed it for the disagree icon as well. Still might hit it just to drive you nuts though.
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding it a great time to sell off some odd brands & reloads I trust, that I've acquired brokering estate sales.
  • gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    It amazes me that people try to stockpile in the middle of a shortage when the prices are greatly inflated. I had a decent amount before the last shortage so didn't pay those inflated prices then. When the craziness abated I replaced what I had used at normal or in some cases below normal prices. I could use a few more 17HMR but can wait for the right price. The only ones I feel sorry for are those first time gun buyers or someone buying a gun in a caliber that is new to them. This too shall pass but I'll be O.K. for quite a few years if it takes a while to return to a semblance of normalcy. Bob
    I just put my .17 HMR rifle on consignment & that leaves me with 7 boxes to get rid of but like I noted above it is not legal for me to sell it here in the DPRK. I think I am going to have to find a gun show in Nevada or Arizona to get rid of a lot of things.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭

Mentioned to you once before if you put the cursor over the disagree icon it will say who clicked it. I think I will start hitting it just to bug you. ;)
    Edit; guess it just shows that on the like icon. Apparently I'm an idiot. Thought is showed it for the disagree icon as well. Still might hit it just to drive you nuts though.

The Moderators can see who's disagreeing.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    If disagreeing bothers you I'm in LOL

Sorry I can't help myself
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

My issue is when "disagree's" are just arbitrarily thrown out there as a thumb in the eye. Nothing controversial in any way about the 1st two posts.

If I do post something controversial I somewhat expect disagree's. I would prefer that someone post a dissenting opinion and we can discuss it.

That's all.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Can we not agree to disagree?
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend who wants to buy a shotgun.  I told him good luck your going to pay out the nose for it.  I have not seen much buckshot around either but then I don't go out much looking because I have lots of it and all the rest of the ammo I will need for a good time, plus I can roll my own too.

Ken I hit the like to counter the disagree.  I hope you don't loose your 4th star that you are so proud of.
    RLTW

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    If disagreeing bothers you I'm in LOL

Why??

Sorry I can't help myself

There is a solution to that. 

• gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Ken, I hope it’s not me because sometimes when I’m reading a thread my fat fingers hit the wrong spots and I’ve caught myself lol, disagreeing, and likeing the strangest things. I try to catch all my mess ups and correct things but I’m sure I’ve missed a few.

Mogley is a friend Joe. No harm, no foul.

He is just having fun with me.

Thanks though. I appreciate you. (Both)

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Now I understand what your talking about, Likes, Dislikes and so on.  I went to my profile and found it, all them faces and cake symbols and what not.  I guess this is about as social media as it gets for me.  It shows that I have 5 dislikes, I must have got my point across to someone.  Now here is the advantage I see now about only saying something as little as I do, I can only remember pizzing off a couple people so I can pretty much figure out who gave them to me. What I really want to know though, is, when do I get the check for the stars I have now collected?
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    The amount of ammo I have will out live me.  :):)
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    My last name is Postlethwait.  My great grandfather dropped the "E" at the end back in the late 1800's.
    I found our family crest and Motto.
    The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century.

Motto: Semper paratus
    Motto Translation: Always prepared.
    It is strange that I always have been comfortable in my mind knowing I had shelter, food, water and a means of self defense while raising my sons as a single parent.  Money may have been a huge issue at times but the comfort of Semper paratus runs deep in my soul.

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭

If you live in the PNW you may want to check out your local Bi-Mart. They don’t have tons of ammo but they do get 1-2 shipments a week. I have two stores in my town and went to both. 1 had Federal 9mm FMJ for $13.97 a box and the other had Blazer brass .40S&W for $16 a box. Got my limit of two boxes per caliber. Not the best prices ever but not crazy like some people are paying. And I’ve got thousands of brass cases in .38, .44 Special & Magnum and .45 Colt. Plenty of Red Dot & Unique and primers. And thousands of lead semi wadcutters. The only thing I’m low on is 5.56 & .357SIG.