In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Family Sues After Child Suspended For Visible BB Gun In Online Class

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Good for them. But the school officials should be fired.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Good for them. But the school officials should be fired.
    Right on, Jim!
    What's next?
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    Now they're trying to dictate what you do in your own home. Next they'll take action because a kid wears the wrong T shirt in his own house. Clearly overstepping their bounds. Yup, fire them.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    Darn shame when you have to revert to a lawsuit for something like this. But the school is absolutely wrong and it's past insane.
  • OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Really a damn shame.
    It's not something that is ever going to go away and most likely get worse with time.

BB guns may be eventually have to be banned also.

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like invasion of privacy to me.

Parents! Create a "void" around the computer area. Hang plain white sheets.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Lived in NJ years ago. (9+) BB Guns were considered Firearms and were treated as such. FFL, Felony if in possession etc. Crazy.

I applaud the Parents for bringing a Lawsuit. Good for them. I hope the Teacher/Administration etc. get keelhauled. (As they should.)

I hope they get $$, and the Teacher gets fired.

While i agree it is "Wrong that you have to revert to a lawsuit," i applaud the Parents for doing so. The Teacher, and anyone else involved need to be held accountable.

Without a Warrant in hand, they would not have been invited in. (As seems to be the case.) People get intimidated when LEO's show up at your door. Revert to and remember your Rights. (As well as the Right to remain silent.)

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it. Some teachers need to be reminded that they are there to teach not indoctrinate.--------------Ray

Lived in NJ years ago. (9+) BB Guns were considered Firearms and were treated as such. FFL, Felony if in possession etc. Crazy.

I applaud the Parents for bringing a Lawsuit. Good for them. I hope the Teacher/Administration etc. get keelhauled. (As they should.)

I hope they get $$, and the Teacher gets fired.

Truly a bunch of crazy, no good SOB's, that would be better off dead.
    What's next?
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it. Some teachers need to be reminded that they are there to teach not indoctrinate.--------------Ray
    Here is where the rubber meets the road.
    Cant fault the school system. It is the DEMOCRAT ideologue(s) that made the decision to expel the student. Punish the ideologue, not the school system.
    The lawsuit will ultimately reflect back on the citizens in the form of higher taxes to pay for the litigation and settlement.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I reckon a picture of Jesus or a picture of a nude prostitute like they use to have in bars would be out also.
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    back in 1925 ford used to send social workers to your house to have/keep your job you had to tow the line
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    chiefr said:
    Cant fault the school system. It is the DEMOCRAT ideologue(s) that made the decision to expel the student. Punish the ideologue, not the school system.
    The lawsuit will ultimately reflect back on the citizens in the form of higher taxes to pay for the litigation and settlement.
    If I understand correctly, you are saying don't sue or it will come back to haunt you in your taxes. How else will they learn their lesson? What would be the most effective best way to punish the ideologue?---------------------------------Ray
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    4205raymond , "Some"?   :D
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    chiefr said:
    If I understand correctly, you are saying don't sue or it will come back to haunt you in your taxes. How else will they learn their lesson? What would be the most effective best way to punish the ideologue?---------------------------------Ray
    They do not need to be teaching, fire them without severance and loss of any pension guarantees.
    If they want to indoctrinate, CNN is hiring.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭
    Select-fire, in todays world, a gun, even if a toy gun, a picture of a gun, talking about a gun, a crucifix, a Christian cross, a picture of Mary, a picture of Jesus, these would all be banned as being negative images!! 
    A nude picture of a prostitute, a female impersonator, a drag queen, a trannie, two fairy's doing who knows what, would not only be allowed but encouraged since these are positive images.      >:)  
    dreher said:
    Select-fire, in todays world, a gun, even if a toy gun, a picture of a gun, talking about a gun, a crucifix, a Christian cross, a picture of Mary, a picture of Jesus, these would all be banned as being negative images!! 
    A nude picture of a prostitute, a female impersonator, a drag queen, a trannie, two fairy's doing who knows what, would not only be allowed but encouraged since these are positive images.      >:)  
    One more positive image in line with those you have noted are those who would think Malcolm X is a hero.
    What's next?
    edited October 2020

Same ** that wear a Che' Guevara T-Shirt while denouncing Capatalism.

(And) Enjoying living in the United States of America.

All these Morons need to be sent to Venezuela. (One way.)

edited October 2020

Same [deleted] that wear a Che' Guevara T-Shirt while denouncing Capatalism.

(And) Enjoying living in the United States of America.

All these Morons need to be sent to Venezuela. (One way.)

Right on!  BLM activist Colin Kapernick with his pride and joy Kill the Pigs Socks!  You know...those Peaceful Protestors that have absolutely nothing to do with the rioting, looting, and burning of America's cities...or anything to do with the maiming or murders of policemen!!!
    What's next?