In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wisconsin activates field hospital as COVID keeps surging!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Well is it just a hot spot or nature taking it's advantage before the vaccine or herd immunity?
          serf

FILE - In this Aug. 27, 2020, file photo, Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers speaks during a news conference in Kenosha, Wis. Wisconsin health officials and Gov. Evers announced Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020, that they've opened a field hospital at the state fairgrounds near Milwaukee as a surge in COVID-19 cases threatens to overwhelm hospitals. Wisconsin has become a hot spot for the disease over the last month, ranking third nationwide this week in daily new cases per capita. (AP Photo/Morry *, File)

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin health officials announced Wednesday that a field hospital will open next week at the state fairgrounds near Milwaukee as a surge in COVID-19 cases threatens to overwhelm hospitals.

Wisconsin has become a hot spot for the disease over the last month, ranking third nationwide this week in daily new cases per capita. Health experts have attributed the spike to the reopening of colleges and K-12 schools as well as general fatigue over wearing masks and socially distancing.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    we have two large FH that have never held a sick person here in mich ,,after all 
  • Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Who knows if anything you read or hear or see is true anymore?? I have a feeling that if Biden wins, my God, it hurts just typing that, and I don't think he will, the covid will be stricken from any news report.
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    You can't get hospital treatment until you're just about to die.  Little or no early symptom treatment.  No wonder they need those extra beds.  At least you're closer to the morgue.  Tony Evers is known as "Skeletor" in this State.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    The "spin" has gone to Warp Factor 10 and Scottie says the engines can't take it anymore. That's how I feel about the Plandemic, the world has gone insane.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    "Tony Evers is known as "Skeletor" in this State."........................I'm in Wis. and have a few 'other' names for Evers  >:) 
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭

Sweet! Heading to Green Bay 1st of next month to hunt diving ducks on Lake Michigan.

Can y’all get this crap under control before then?

Lol

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    That thing has been up for over 4 months already. It's about time they should start to use it. Early in the Covid 19 days Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha and Waukesha were the hot spots. Now it has shifted to the Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh and Madison areas a lot of it to no social distancing at the universities. With Green Bay being hard hit the Packers will probably not allow any fans this season.
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Chicoms delivered BIG for their chosen figurehead china joe.  The USA was doing great before and the rats and chicoms couldn't have that. The rats stood ZERO chance of winning before the chicom virus.   
    The commie rat media too.  The censorship of the rat biden's, joe and hunter, crimes the last couple days PROVE IT.  

You can add big tech to the list of rat traitors. 

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Graham's challenger here in SC has gotten 81 Million from around the country. Dems are targeting ole Lyndsey hard, he may lose but then all of SC loses too.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    Mogley, I think ol' Lindsey has hosed his SC constituents for years, only being a conservative the last 3 months of his six year term making sure he gets reelected, then going back to the RINO he really is.  If anybody deserves to be voted out of the senate it is Lindsey.   

Having said that, when I vote on the 3rd, I will vote for Lindsey because if Trump wins (PLEASE LORD)  and we lose the senate, the impeachment BS will start the day after the inaugeration.  If they can somehow manage to get rid of Trump, they will do the same to Pence.  Remember who is in line for the Presidency after Pence!  The commies are playing for keeps in 2020, 2021.  

I'm not worried about my families safety here in SC at this time but if the commies get in power at some point it will get ugly, even here in SC.  

Oh well.  Dying with a rifle in my hand is WAY better than dying in a nursing home!!!!!       :)
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Dying with a rifle in my hand is WAY better than dying in a nursing home

+1

RLTW

And they still haven't let in one Covid 19 patient as I type this.
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    As of today Armilite (10/22) one patient.  Maybe they dragged somebody in off the street, but anyway now they believe they can justify it.
    mrs102 said:
    As of today Armilite (10/22) one patient.  Maybe they dragged somebody in off the street, but anyway now they believe they can justify it.
    Zactly
    mrs102 said:
    Zactly