In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CVA Paramount, Long Range Black Powder Rifle

$700-$1000
Research online. Lots of Puffing on-line 
Ad's indicate good to 400 Yards.
2250 muzzle vel. 300 yards 1650 fps. 
45 caliber, variflame.
Opinions:
Yea sure.

Comments

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure
    I have been looking at the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloaders though
    man they are expensive
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure
    man they are expensive

I have a stainless 50 cal Remington Ultimate.
    My main BP hunt gun is a T/C Hawken with a Green Mtn fast twist LRH STAINLESS barrel using the 209 primer adapter and scoped with the no drill and tap T/C base. Very accurate gun and reliable ignition with the 209 adapter and ignition system is completely sealed using the Mag spark 209 adapter.
    The Remington Ultimate is a good gun, kinda heavy to toto around through the woods.
    You can forget about getting any consistent accuracy using 150 gr of powder and I did not get consistent accuracy using the Remington sabots. The 308 primed hull ignition system is great and no blow back at all from the ignition system like in their older 700ML's. 
    I have Ruger M77ML, Remington 700ML 50 and 54 cal stainless, H&R Huntsman stainless 50 cal (very accurate gun) with a custom made 209 primer adapter so as don't have to use the NLA 209 primer adapters, T/C Hawken and Renegade 50 cals with scope adapters,.

The two preferred for hunting is the Hawken with the Stainless LRH barrel and next is the Remington Ultimate.  I have a load recipe that works excellent in all the 50 cal's.
    The Stainless steel barrels are the way to go for a BP Rifle, lots more user friendly to get clean and keep clean after a shooting session.

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure
    man they are expensive

BP guns are getting expensive and some are not worth bring home.
    If you will watch GB for the BP gun or any BP rifle, sometimes you will see some of interest.
    For the Rem Ultimate a guy might as well buy used because kinda like buying a new car.
    You can forget about the 150 gr loads and 300-500 yard consistent kill shots in any of the BP rifles for consistent accuracy and some of the high dollar bullets are not accurate either.
    Several of the BP guns do require FFL .