In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Biden says he'd lock down country if spread of coronavirus warrants it AGAIN!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 If this happens again then the other shoe will happen.Only the vaccine can be your savior.
                           serf
         https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/21/joe-biden-lockdown-us-coronavirus-400126

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said he would do "whatever it takes" to combat the spread of coronavirus within the country — including locking down the U.S. if deemed necessary.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told ABC’s David Muir in a joint interview with his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, to air Sunday. “We’re going to do whatever it takes to save lives.”

Biden’s comments represent the strongest potential action the Democratic presidential nominee has proposed to stanch the spread of the virus that has killed at least 175,000 people across the U.S. as of Friday evening.

Comments

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    I think maybe it would be good if Congress was locked down without pay.
    I am pretty sure "the country" doesn't include ALL of the country - especially the politicians.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭

Biden cannot lock it down. He can recommend things to governors and monkey with interstate travel. That is about it.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    The WHO is justifying some of the lockdowns that were done to flatten the curve and protect health care workers.

This assumes, of course, that the lockdowns that were implemented actually had a positive effect; something that is legitimately questioned by many, and should be questioned by all open-minded people.

Virtually every position Biden has is the result of a focus group, including the wording of most of his responses and sound bites.  I do not doubt that there is some of what once passed for his mind left bouncing around inside his noggin, but he has obviously lost any confidence in his positions, and has tossed aside any convictions, had he any to begin with. 

He is the Dems sacrificial lamb just a Bob Dole was sent out to be defeated by Bill Clinton.  The fact that some seem to take him seriously is a frightening reflection of where America is today.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Biden cannot lock it down. He can recommend things to governors and monkey with interstate travel. That is about it.

That is according to the constitution,...., however considering his record as BHO's VP, undermining, ignoring, and violating the US Constitution was commonplace.  If he has a DEMOCRAT congress and courts, he can get away with it.

Enforcing laws they dont agree with is what DEMOCRATs do.
    Biden was well tutored by a mentor who believed the US Constitution was a bill of negative rights,  
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

What is his plan to staunch the spread of stupidity in this country...other than being terminally infected himself and spreading it liberally all across the nation?

Did you see my play on the word "liberal"?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't afford another "lockdown".  I only get paid when I work and can't work as normal during isolation.  Many, many others in the same situation are coming up short, also.
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you think the RATS want, shut us down so we will have to depend on freebies from their pork barrels
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
      We are already in a great depression if you your in the middle class.Walmart is crying for Trump and Nancy Pelosi to crank out another 2 or 3 trillion dollars stimulus to bail out the corrupted system for another 6 months.

No Jobs are coming back for most of the middle class ever again. They are feeding the broke and unemployed after letting in Millions of illegals families from central America so we can take care of them for life! What a joke, It's all crashing down and the social contract we the people have with elected officials is likely to fail soon.

serf

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/nancy-pelosi-calls-cnns-wolf-blitzer-an-apologist-for-the-republican-position-in-tense-interview/ar-BB19Zynb

“As you know, there are Americans who are being evicted from their homes. They can’t pay their rent. Many Americans are waiting in food lines for the first time in their lives,” Blitzer noted at the beginning of the interview with Pelosi. “Can you look them in the eye, Madam Speaker, and explain why you don’t want to accept the president’s latest stimulus offer?”

Pelosi then pondered if Blitzer would “ask the same question of the Republicans” before insisting the GOP bill doesn’t meet the needs of Americans. 

Blitzer asked Pelosi why she would not take the $1.8 trillion deal, referencing statements from Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., and former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang, who say she should.

"I don’t know why you’re always an apologist and many of your colleagues are apologists for the Republican position," Pelosi said.

"Ro Khanna -- that’s nice. That isn’t what we’re going to do, and nobody's waiting 'til February. I want this very much now because people need help now. But it's no use giving them a false thing just because the president wants to put a check with his name on it                                      

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    the 2nd great depression will begine
  • Options

Most of America is working. Walmart wants to maintain the hysteria so that mom and pop stores continue to struggle and eventually go out of business.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    figured by now walfart would be chomping for direct subsidies from china
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭