In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ultra Light Ugly Stick

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
I went to ultra light gear set up over 30 years ago for most of my Michigan lake and stream fishing. Of coarse, not trolling for Laker's or Salmon but have captured some fairly impressive 5 poundish Walleye and Large\Small Mouth Bass over the years.  

My most dependable rod has been my little Ugly Stick. Has served me well for most of these years and has been attached to at least 4 or 5 different ultra light open top spinning reels of various makes.  I actually own a few of these rods. Bought them about the same time and used by my kids when they were growing up. The extra poles are now stowed away just in case a replacement is needed.  So far, my original is still performing as well as it did 30 years ago when it was new!

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Using ultra light gear has been a long time favorite of mine.  I got to where I don't fish anymore except once in a blue moon, but when I do get out...the ultra light gear is always with me.
    What's next?
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    Still have 2 I bought probably 40 years ago!  Caught many a walleye up in Canada with those rods.