In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand their thinking.

They make the laws . . . and then they tell the police not to enforce their laws.

If they don't want their laws enforced, why don't they just repeal the law so that it is not illegal anymore?
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    These are the same politicians who voted to deny Virginia LEOs raises because they supported the 2nd amendment.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    They also just made it illegal to write you for an expired inspection sticker unless it expired more than 3 months ago.  As the man said- if you don't want it enforced, DON'T PASS THE PHREAKING LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE!
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

Got pulled over about 3 weeks ago for not having my headlights on..  Knew why as soon as I saw the flashing lights.  Pulled over rolled the window down and put my hands on the steering wheel including my wallet.  LEO walked up and asked for my DL, registration and insurance certificate.  Told him I have a CPL.  He asked if I knew why I was pulled over.  I told him yes that my lights were off and that I forgot to turn them back on after getting off the ferry.  He checked my paper work returned it and said have a good evening and said he didn't want someone hitting me because my lights were off.  Nice guy.  I imagine he pulls a lot of vehicles over at night for the same thing after they get off the ferry. 

The change in VA is just plain stupid.   The LEOs in my suburban neighborhood issue a lot of tickets for burned out head and tail lights.  They also catch some people with arrest warrants, driving impaired, etc. when they do.  A few accuse the LEO of being racist or resist.

I am all for safety and having all your lights working and on all the time.

Jim

• victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    I do not understand their thinking.

They make the laws . . . and then they tell the police not to enforce their laws.

If they don't want their laws enforced, why don't they just repeal the law so that it is not illegal anymore?

My guess is there where too many complaints of racism because the poor can't afford the ticket or fix a burned out light or whatever.  I disagree with the change.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I'm afraid I must agree with most of the new proposal.

We have far too many BS traffic laws that are, quite frankly, abused.

Speedtraps need to go. Speed traps should not be the main money maker for a town or county! (I am in Wythe County. Where the 2 interstate highways cross is known as "The Money Tree).

Pulling drivers over for minor stuff just so the cop can sniff their breath is invasion of privacy.

Pulling a driver over because they forgot to turn on their headlights might be a safety issue, remind them. But there is no need to check their travel papers. This smells like Russia.

Inspection stickers have been a racket from day one.

The driver is responsible for their car! If they don't know their wipers aren't working or their brakes are bad - they should not be driving. If they cause an accident - then cite them. (Most states do not have this inspection scam and they have no problems)

The same with speeding. Radar at the bottom of a hill is a trap.

Speed limit too low for conditions is a trap.

Elect me president and I will do away with all speed limits. If you cause an accident, you will be ticketed. If you are driving at an excessive speed for conditions (reckless) you will be ticketed. (These laws are already on the books) Otherwise go on about your day.

Less traffic enforcement means we can save lots of money. Police will be freed-up to address real crimes. Ticket revenues won't be needed to keep all those ticket-writing cops on the road.

My policies as president will lower America's crime rate to an unbelievably low level.

There is a little humor in this post, but, very.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
     The governor could be ran over by a vehicle that doesn't see him.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    And by the way, do away with those stupid red lights and stop signs on school buses.
    (green font)
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Virginia...Since 99.9% of gun owners never commit a single crime with a gun, why not stop enforcing all those gun laws you just passed?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

Rocky, I have been saying that for years...when a Dem says we want a new gun law because "the old laws aren't working" THEN REPEAL THE OLD LAWS!

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    No surprise. The state turned blue. Soon VA will be like CA and NY. Get used to it.
  • chmechme Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a joke.  Hanging on the wall in the office of the Clerk of the House of Delegates at the VA state capitol is a framed poster.  Says "No man's life, liberty or property is secure while the Legislature is in session...."  
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    Dang!  Just got my inspection too. Could have saved $20.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Liberalism is a mental disorder.