In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR Scope Mount

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
Anybody have a favorite AR/Picatinny rail one piece scope mount that sells for $40.00-$60.00? I am in the need of one, but won't be spending $150.00-$350.00 for one, YIKES! TIA for any input.

Comments

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    Burris P.E.P.R.  It'll run you closer to 80, but it's a pretty decent mount.  
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=burris pepr
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed on the Burris mount- I have a $300 LaRue mount and a Burris and they both do the job equally well.

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a couple of Nikon M-223 mounts that I am happy with. It looks like the discontinued them though..
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    If it’s a lightweight scope, use the aero precision mount.  It’s sold and not bulky like most “affordable mounts”. Not easily detachable    For QD that works well you have to buy larue or American defense.   yes the Burris works but the aero I liked much better
    the warne Mount is also good and not expensive. 
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    What MM size rings are you looking for ???????????
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    armilite said:
    What MM size rings are you looking for ???????????
    It's a 1" scope. I picked up a Leupold Mark AR 4X12X40 AO scope. I ended up buying the Leupold mount as well because it was actually cheaper than the Burris mount. It still was $86.00 when the smoke cleared, which was $20.00-$25.00 more than I really wanted to spend. I could not find anything between the $28.00-$35.00 Chicom junk and the $75.00 and up mounts though.
    Thanks much for everybody's input.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I have installed over a dozen MONSTRUM mounts and have found them to be aligned well according to my Wealer (sp?) scope alignment tooling.  They are about 30 bucks on Amazon or better yet get one from the auction side of GB Holdings, Inc.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    I have installed over a dozen MONSTRUM mounts and have found them to be aligned well according to my Wealer (sp?) scope alignment tooling.  They are about 30 bucks on Amazon or better yet get one from the auction side of GB Holdings, Inc.
    Have to second this one.
    Have installed monstrous risers, mounts, and rings on several AR308s. They continue to hold their own on shots out to 1000 yards.
    I always use blue locktite and recheck torque on the mounts and rings after first range session no matter what mounts used.   
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    I have a brand new Burris  P.E.R.P. one piece mount but it is 34 mm, but I'll keep looking.