In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A good day around the farm.........PICS....How are you spending the day ?????

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
The day started out with a beautiful sunrise and rolled on from there.....
About 9:00, the equipment rolled in and we tested the beans and it all looked good so we were off and running...

I rode with my neighbor for a couple of  rounds....the beans are looking good this year....

Happy and grateful to be here at the end of another season !!!!

Hope you all are having a good Saturday.....Post a pic of what you are up to !!!!

Comments

• badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Today’s my birthday so I’m going to eat NY strips until I’m stuffed & might even do a little drinking later this evening and pitch a bonfire tonight. I’ll be fat, dumb, and happy before you know it!!

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    badchris said:

Today’s my birthday so I’m going to eat NY strips until I’m stuffed & might even do a little drinking later this evening and pitch a bonfire tonight. I’ll be fat, dumb, and happy before you know it!!

Happy Birthday sir !!!!!!   Sounds like a reasonable way to spend a B-Day !  
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    William- always enjoy your post
    Happy Birthday badchris
    Snowing here, shoveled slush off the driveway.
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Thank you!! I’d post a picture but I don’t want to make everyone jealous haha

Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    badchris said:

Thank you!! I’d post a picture but I don’t want to make everyone jealous haha

Yes, no pics please.......No telling what we might see if it taken later this evening !!! :o
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    It has been one of the most beautiful Autumns I can remember around here.

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    You and I have much the same appreciation of the naturel beauty all around us!!  I love your pics, always check them out.  I am incapable of posting pics or I would be posting beautiful nature shots too!!   Thank you.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    The guy who rents our acreage got his beans off a week ago and put in wheat the next day. Pretty good yield and a whole lot better than last year when the weather kept him from planting half of his fields. Last I knew soybeans were up in price and I hope it stays that way because the farmers need a break now and then. Bob
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Harvesting here too, but pecans. Don
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Between uncluttering from my many trips in the past two months, cooking lunch and dinner I'm enjoying this:

Lost track of the number of interceptions/pick sixes. Celebrating a second Razorback win this year.

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Love all the pics folks are posting.

• redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭
    nice looking Pete
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

A nice day it is.

Building a barn.

I find I'm happiest when I'm designing and building something.

I am so tired at night I fall asleep right after dinner but I hurt so bad the pain keeps me awake.

Pour me another, wii ya?

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
    I think you’re had enough when you can’t spell a four letter word. :D
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics from all.......I worked all day and just got home..........watching Alabama v Georgia............looks like a good game.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******

Boned out the doe I shot last night this am.

They started cutting the beans on my field a half hour before I shot her.

They are testing good.

Im past ready for them to pick my corn but they are gonna do all their beans first.

• BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Great start this AM with this sunrise, the frost came off and the afternoon was a nice one for sucking up leaves. Dropping them in a bit of a ditch about 40 feet from the road. Trying to get it filled in with leaf much so when I plant wildflowers in it, that they will be visible from the road.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭✭

Spent most of the day attending a concealed carry pistol class with my wife and one of her friends .I was along to carry their guns and stuff and moral support . Good class , number one instructor, former special ops instructor from Marine corps . Then went deer hunting after I got home . No luck on that . Mike the instructor is married to my wife’s best friend .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    We started with a trip to Menards for some flooring material. That’s a long story, but we got a guy coming next week to replace our bathroom floor. After that we winterized our camper and grabbed some takeout prime rib dinners from a local joint. We ate, I got a few things done around the house, and then we enjoyed a couple movies and beers. The wife and dog are sleeping and I’m still enjoying adult beverages and listening to some classic rock. Life can be good!

Jon
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    edited October 2020

This Autumn morning was one worth a couple pics.  Spent most of the AM organizing my garage's for our Michigan winter to come. Getting the Kubota and its blower greased up along with putting away all the fair weather outdoor  stuff.  Living on top of a hill makes driving anything without 4x4 capability worthless come snow season! LOL 

The afternoon spent enjoying a few beers while firing up the grill with a few tater's and a pork tenderloin cut into 1" rounds.  Life IS GOOD!
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭

Woke up to this, this morning.

Gotta go process a fawn my daughter shot last night, and we’re finishing up dehydrating herbs from the garden.

Then, the peppers are going in.

Love this time of year!

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    Finished soybean harvest on our place 10/12. Moved 5 miles up the road to the place we custom farm for the landowner and finished those 10/15. Moved a mile further and started on some custom cutting for another farmer. Finished all the beans that were ready last night and drove combine home in the dark.  Loaded the last semi and sent it to the river terminal this morning. At this point, we've harvested 3X our normal acres. Barring some really poor weather, we'll get back in the field in a couple of weeks and knock out the final 40 acres.
    So far the "new to us" combine is chugging right along with minimal repairs. 
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    Got all my hay hauled in and stacked for this winter. Yesterday it was 70 and today it was 44 and windy. I'm not ready for the cold weather yet!
    Sunday 10/18/20  Hiked the Pilot Mountain Trail and watched the sun come up.
    River of fog.

Busted knee, we were on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday. You can see Pilot Mountain from one of the overlooks.
    Was that you waving?

Last week we photographed to the north (Mateway, WV)  Not a lot of color but Matewan is very interesting.
    How was the color along the parkway?   We are planning to go north/east on it next week for photography.
    Meadows of Dan, Maybry Mill, etc. 
    Here is Maybry Mill a couple years ago on a drizzly fall day.

edited October 2020

Busted knee your knees are better than mine ! And my right one cost over $44’000.00

pulsarnc said:

Busted knee your knees are better than mine ! And my right one cost over $44’000.00

Both my knees are shot, the right one was replaced (about 2010) but something went wrong.  It was well over 2 years before I could walk into the grocery store.  The constant pain was awful.  I lost a lot of weight and quit listening to doctors (and taking prescriptions) and now my knees are actually feeling better.  I'm trying to do the things on my bucket list before it is too late.
    My insurance company claims my new knee cost around 75 grand!  Hard to believe.
    I still can't cover as much ground as I used to so I've had to learn to hunt smarter.  Do everything smarter.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    Had a small farm for a short time in Woodlawn Va. close to the Parkway and Pilot Mountain.  Beautiful area for sure and lots of friendly folks.  

Some tid bit of trivia for anyone interested, The old Andy Griffith Show's fictional nearby town of Mount Pilot was named for Pilot Mountain.  

Mine was done in July of this year . Actually doing very well with it . Some residual soreness at time in one area but have full rom. Waiting for an appointment to discuss having the left one done before the end of the year . It is bone on one , no cartilage left anywhere !