In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is Election Day going to happen ?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
Covid virus going crazy in a lot of states...  New Supreme court justice getting ready for her new job..about the 22nd.. Will the President declare a National Emergency with the virus ..maybe Martial Law so the elections are put off?

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    No question, we will have an election. Bob
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how long I have been voting in a Presidential Elections

- but it seems every time, someone is wondering if we are going to have an election due to "something".
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,637 ******
    The election is going on right now.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

Can governors do a hard Lockdown and only count the mail in votes?

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭

I think every citizen has the right to vote. The election could be extended with mail-in only.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Captplaid said:

Can governors do a hard Lockdown and only count the mail in votes?

Trump has declared before the virus is a War. Shutting down the polling places until later could be an alternative. Remember one must have an excuse to mail in and the virus is it. However no way the post office could get out all the ballots to registered voters in time if Trump declares close to election day. The democrats would obviously complain and take it to court which would tie it up longer..
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Covid virus going crazy in a lot of states...  New Supreme court justice getting ready for her new job..about the 22nd.. Will the President declare a National Emergency with the virus ..maybe Martial Law so the elections are put off?
    No.  Not as I see it.
    What's next?
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Mr Trump will win when the polling data is collected the night of the vote,  THEN the dems will go crazy and say not yet we have to count all the mail in votes and this is when it will get ugly, and crooked.........  need to get everyone out to vote in person with a big enough margin the mail ins won't matter..........
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I think hillbille nailed it. That's how I forsee this Election going down.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,467 ✭✭✭✭
    The hard left is pushing a narrative that the magical Covid-19 (the Trump-Virus) is again out of control, wreaking havoc in our streets and killing anyone who gets a sniff of it.

Hogwash, I say.  Death rates continue to drop, and as more and more people are infected the more resistant we become to its propagation.

There will not be martial law, and there will be an election.  It will be crooked and as corrupt as any in recorded American history, but it will still look like an election.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Yes there will be an election and I sure hope TRUMP cleans biden's clock. Agree with no martial law. Trump is too great of a president to even think about doing that.
    Oh wait a giant asteroid is headed for earth and is expected to impact on the day before the  election, it is about the size of a average refrigerator. We are  doomed for sure!
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    If his mouth is moving he is eating or lying.